Wednesday 25 September 2013

Poor Howard! poor ball!

Last night after watching The Great British Bake Off ( ahhh poor Howard, I liked him but it was his time I think!), Huffle went to bed feeling very headachey and sick and spent part of the night sat in the bathroom with a blanket wrapped around him. He wasn't sick and I I made him go back to bed and sleep. However, while he was downstairs I heard Smallest shout out so I went to check on him. He was really hot and sweaty. He went to the toilet and I went to check on Huffle. On the way back upstairs Smallest was just coming out of the bathroom and I startled him. He screamed, I screamed because he did, he screamed again, I screamed back, Small woke up in a panic. Smallest and I stood on the landing crying, him because he was scared and me because I scared him. OMG! After that, everyone slept through. Though it did take me a long time to get warm. My toes were so cold. I slept in long fleecy bottoms, bed socks and a cardi with a blanket on top of the quilt.

This morning Huffle felt better, he went off to Toronto for a meeting. Once the boys were off on the bus, I changed our bed and put a soft fluffy sheet on it and changed the quilt for our Winter one. The two boys are very hot blooded so I will leave their quilts and sheets for now. I then set about clearing my wardrobe. I moved all my summer stuff out, hung things nicely and rearranged everything.

Then I made Oatmeal Cookies for the boys lunches as we have run out. Of course I don't eat them!!! And because I did eat one (just to try), I ran around the sun room squatting and squishing wasps again. They were dive bombing me so I was working quite hard, maybe not quite enough to work the cookie off though so after my lunch I mowed the grass - all of it and then raked it all and deposited it down the bottom of the garden, so I did get a good workout after all.

While I was mowing, I ran over our football. This is a football that Grandma bought from Wicksteed Park when Small was about two years old. It has lasted ages and it wasn't an expensive or big one. It has been on holiday with us to Cornwall, Devon and Norfolk, lived with us in The Village, UK and came across the ocean in our container to Canada nearly two years ago. It was well loved and needed constant pumping up. Once it disappeared for about a month and we bought a new one to replace it (it was never the same) and then it reappeared again. Anyway, now it is no more, finished, ripped, dead. Poor orange ball.

The boys came home while I was raking and they played in the garden while I finished and then we played 'shoot a Nerf gun at the other two and hide and seek and run'. It was very funny and very energetic. Yeah, I can have another cookie later with my tea.

The leaves are changing colour.

Our clematis, climbing the barn

I took this while I was hiding behind it at th bottom of the garden. It's just one tree, lovely

Smallest cut his lip today on someone's head. The secretary rang me to say they had put ice on it and it was bleeding but he was okay. I rang to check him later but she said he was fine. Then later on when he was supposed to be getting ready for bed, he was swinging on a chair and cut the back of his heel. He couldn't walk properly and hopped to clean his teeth and then hopped to bed. Bloomin' clumsy oaf!

Huffle came home early, finished some work and then while the boys had their showers we had a nice cup of tea and a chat. As we were making dinner the cooker went wrong again with the silly error messages. (Same as before) but this time a pan that was on the top suddenly turned itself up to boost which is Instant boil - very dangerous!! I rang the company again and held for far too long, in fact I asked them to ring me back after the second long hold with the same awful song!!! She has arranged for an engineer to visit on Monday. I asked her what he would do as I did not want him to come just to look at it, I needed something fixing. She explained that she couldn't tell me what he was going to do. I asked her to put a note on the file to say that I would not be at all pleased if they didn't attempt to fix it on Monday. She has also asked for my permission to publish the fact that there may be a risk failure with this particular model. Yep, no problem.

Huffle and I attempted to play table tennis while the boys watched TV but one of the lights was flashing. In the basement we have those awful 1970 chip shop strip lights which take ages to get out and it is a huge puzzle. We swapped a few bulbs around and now have a very bright basement where we play and exercise and a very dark part where the freezer and cold room is! Still we got to play three games. I won't say who won but it was quite close.

Smallest is at a try-out for football tomorrow after school to play in a tournament for his school. He is very excited. He is also very very excited about his upcoming birthday. We haven't sorted anything out for him though do have an idea of what to get him. I won't say though in case he reads it, Nosey boy!

 

No comments: