Tuesday 10 September 2013

Hark is that a Unicorn?

The boys came back just after midnight last night but forgot to text me they were on their way. Small had had a fabulous time and loved every minute of it. He tried to tell me things but was so tired he said he would tell me in the morning.

Huffle said it was a 'pantomime' and that he was surprised how the audience 'bought into it all' or were they just 'playing along'? So it was a very late night for everyone. Smallest woke in the night saying he had tummy ache, we gave him some water and a hug and he went back and slept through. He was fine this morning. Throughout the night I heard what I can only describe as a 'flying horse'. It was obviously bird-like but seemed to be whinnying. Huffle suggested it was a Unicorn!! At 4am we were woken by a storm. Well I was probably woken by Huffle cowering under the covers because of the storm. I was too sleepy to be sympathetic so I just told him to go in the basement if he needed to and I slept on. At 5:30am I woke to fierce rain and wind and Huffle got up a few times to open the window because it was hot and then close them because it was wet! In the end he just got up - I know it was far earlier than he would normally get up. Apparantly it was lightning again. I'm guessing he got little or no sleep. God help them at the office today.

Small was just full of the Wrestling at breakfast time and told us all about it. Smallest told Small in detail about the computer game we were playing. I think Small will struggle at school today, he looked soooo tired.

Mrs Royal popped round first thing to give me a poster to take to work and we had a quick chat before I ran off to the Nursery. It was incredibly hot today, 32* and very humid. J and I made a start on clearing up a flower bed and put lots of new plants in. I managed to come home with a massive clump of two different geraniums and a Periwinkle for under the pine tree. We had oatmeal cookies and coffee when we escaped inside from the heat for a while before getting back to the beds.

This is the area of the gardens I was working on today.

Once home, I had lunch, cleared up, showered and then had a lovely long chat with Aunty A. She showed me her Dinosaur Head Light. It was lovely to catch up as we haven't spoken since the start of Summer.

She is very silly! Bottom photo was when she turned the lights off to show me how well the torch worked. Ummmmmm

 

The kids came home. Small was very red-faced and sweaty and asked if he could jump in the pool (the pool pump has not been on for over a week now since it leaks constantly), I sent him to the shower. The air-con went on and the boys played inside. I made Oatmeal Cookies - yum yum.

Huffle came home and we ate dinner. Smallest played on his bike, though how in this heat I don't know!, and the boys watched TV before an early bedtime for everyone.

We watched the Great British Bake Off whilst testing the cookies - how awful ha!

 

No comments: