Wednesday 4 September 2013

Take that!

Small had a lot of trouble getting to sleep last night. In fact he was up until gone 10pm when we went to bed. He said the only thing that was on his mind was that his friend, Cog had joined up with him on a game he plays in the IPad. So I banned all computer devices so he didn't have to worry about it. When I checked up on him past 11pm, he was sleeping but tossing and turning and shouting out. I wonder what that is all about! Smallest slept through as usual.

Both of them were up at 7:15am this morning. Huffle woke me as he was leaving, I felt really tired but my throat felt better (I managed to gargle salt water last night which I have never been able to do before without spitting it out all over the mirror!). I let the kids go on the school bus this morning as I knew I would be rushed to get back in time to meet them off the bus.

I had a slow breakfast when they were gone and caught up with texts, email, Facebook, Instagram and blogging. Then I had an hour and a half of hard slogging on the garden. I moved plants, cleared away the grass from yesterday and put it on the new veg area. I planted some new plants and tried to dig a hole for the Lilac tree (Huffle's helped me when he got home - its a heavy tree).

Once I had showered away my garden filth I sat on the porch knitting and drinking tea.

After lunch I drove to Whitby to see my new friend who incidentally comes from Nuneaton (the next county to where we lived). She has just had a baby (though you wouldn't know it looking at her) so I got to have a long cuddle with him and meet her 2 year old daughter who is gorgeous. We had a really good chat and a moan about things we miss. We promised to get together regularly. She is lovely. I met her through the British ExPat group I joined earlier in the year.

I left her house with thirty minutes to get home, which was just enough until I got stuck behind a lorry and a pick up truck and hit the construction and then got stuck behind several snail drivers. As I drove down our road I could see the school bus ahead. The boys got off the bus, ran down the drive (not at all worried by the lack of cars in the drive) and proceeded to fight each other to get in the door. I honked my horn and Small looked up and waved and said "have you been sitting there all along?" NO YOU SILLY BILLY, I JUST DROVE IN DOH!

Today Small was unhappy about school. He had to do work (no surprise there then) and gym was rubbish and inside! Smallest though was happy. He had a good day, though a few people did push him "so I elbowed them like Daddy said". I explained that he could get into trouble but he informed me that it taught them a lesson and that they wouldn't push him around in future. Righto then!

We skyped Grandma and Grandad and thanked them for the books they sent. We had a good chat and the boys showed their books and were being silly with Grandad. The boys did nothing but fight and argue each other this afternoon and evening. We caught Small with his hands around Smallest's neck which was "an accident" and Smallest had hit and kicked Small. So we cancelled tonight's film and TV and made them clear their rooms instead. They took out all things they don't play with anymore and all books they don't want to look at. Everything is piled in the hall at the moment and Smallest kept looking through them saying "is this in the sale Small, can I buy this?" He is funny! Whilst I was playing with his sticky eyeball on the window, I accidentally punched him in the eye. Whoops. What will he tell his teacher? "Yes Miss, I have a black eye, my Mum punched me!" Oh dear!

The boys went to bed in much cleaner and clearer rooms and Huffle sat down and watched 'Big School'. We have been watching the first series of Doc Martin too on Netflix. It is brilliant. Thanks Yahoo.

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hope both have good day at school today, nothing is rubbish and no-one gets punched! We're off to Worcester to take first lot of boxes, bags to HB's new house and sort out letting agents who are trying to con the girls.....should be a fun day!!!