Wednesday 11 September 2013

Pokemon in Pokemon

Everyone slept well. No unicorns, no storms, no tummy aches. Huffle went to work and the boys went to school. I went for a 'technical day' at my knitting group. We were supposed to learn how to do the pattern in the new sock for this month but my wool got tangled, the pattern was written slightly wrong, one person had a headache and another had shoulder and back pain and I didn't really want to make the sock. So we had an extra coffee instead and lots of silly chatter. I didn't leave till 1pm. One of the ladies is a photographer and she gave me a few sites to check out to see if I can sell my photographs.

I had a quick lunch and a Skype with Moo - she has booked her trip with us. She told me the day she was coming and then said that it didn't say when she was leaving - likely story!! We got the dates in the end.

Then I went for an adventure. Yesterday Small said he knew what he wanted for his birthday from Moo. At school they play with Pokemon trading cards. Huffle and I checked online to find the best deals and we found a lady on Kijiji who was selling the tins with 300+ Cards in. I contacted her and went to pick them up today. She was very nice and said she hoped that Small got some rare cards in there that would make him the cool kid at school. We got chatting, as you do, and she has put me in touch with a couple of groups on Facebook who buy and sell kids stuff. She also may be interested in our hot tub. I told her if she could take it away, she could have it, it is just taking up space in our garden.

On the way home I got stuck behind a farm vehicle that was too wide, kept going over on the wrong side of the road and whatever it was carrying kept going into the gravel 'hard shoulder' of the road, dredging up a lot of dust. At times it got so thick I had to completely brake as I couldn't see where I was going. My car now has a thick level of dust all over it!

It also took me ages to get home!

As most of the day was gone, I decided to pop in to see the Royals. Mr Royal was resting so I sat and chatted to Mrs Royal until the school bus came. I have offered to type up a letter for the Heritage Festival. When the boys saw the Pokemon cards, they were very excited. For once neither of them mentioned computer devices at all. They sat and looked through the cards for about an hour and a half. Then I put them away for his birthday. So far he has had most of his presents early so there will not be much for him to open.

Huffle came home and we had dinner. He said there were storm warnings for this evening and everyone at work was talking about it. However, the storm has gone over and it looks like we might avoid it now. Thank goodness, I need sleep!

Huffle and I played table tennis and I beat him 1 game to 2! I always tell him I get Mr Miagi in from Karate Kid to coach me while he is at work and that I get bitten by him when I lose.

 

2 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

With the aim of being proactive!! What is the best way to get something to Small for his birthday? I could do Christmas at the same time . I could post something fairly small but obviously vouchers / cheques wouldn't work would they? Email me x

Unknown said...

Cousin Pest had loads of Pokemon cards, books, etc. will have a search through the loft for Small. Pokemon takes me back ....