Tuesday 3 September 2013

Get back to school you stinkers

Huffle woke me as he was leaving and informed me that the boys were not up yet (7:15am) so I asked him to put our bedroom light on so I wouldn't fall back to sleep (though this isn't guaranteed). I heard the boys get up just before 7:30am and then come and wake me!

We all got breakfasted and ready and as I felt guilty for not agreeing to take them (not that they were bothered at all) and I drove them to school. The parents were there with their cameras "stand here", "stand next to that girl/boy". It's a big thing here, first day of school (every year?). I'm glad I went though because Smallest looked a bit lost, not quite knowing where to be or where his friends were. Small found his friends and instantly started playing and catching up. I found Smallest's teacher and she smiled at him and told him where he was to line-up and she would come and get him. Then his friends started turning up "can I go and see them please?" he asked. Everyone else was running around wildly, what a good boy he is really!

This is the best photo I could get of them both together

...and this is one of his best friends.

I had a quick chat with a couple of parents I knew. It seems their kids were up in the night and a bit stressed this morning. What's wrong with Smallest then? He had no concerns, went to bed, slept all through and came to school. Once the bell went and Smallest went in, I walked back to the car, came home, had a quick gulp of coffee, grabbed my gardening stuff and went off to work.

It was raining first thing so I didn't know if we would be doing anything today but it soon brightened up. Me and another lady got to work on the garden, clearing, weeding, planting and rebordering. It looked lovely by the time we finished at lunchtime. Obviously we stopped for coffee and muffin mid morning and a chat.

I went straight off to shopping after leaving the Nursery and bought some groceries and then came home and had lunch. I knew the boys were finishing an hour earlier today so once I had emptied and filled the dishwasher I headed out to the garden and started digging out some more lawn to fit in the Lilac bush and Hibiscus. I met the boys off the bus and chatted to the driver to make sure it was okay for them to cycle every now and then without causing any issues for the bus picking them up.

Small was full of the joys. "I love school, I love my class and I love my friends, oh and guess what? I'm lunch monitor, it's brilliant". Lovely. Smallest, however, just said "not good!, scratches, bumps, pulls and more scratches" and ran off to play basketball! Apparantly his class is quite big and whereas he was with one boy and all girls last year in a very quiet and well behaved class, this year the whole year are back together and it seems they are quite boisterous. I'm sure it will get better once he gets used to it. They both have Agendas to fill in every day. (It's like a big diary, where they write in it and the teachers put comments and we, as parents, have to see it and sign it everyday).

Moo skyped briefly to tell us about her holiday booking and check the boys had a good first day. Small's friend Cog rang to see if he wanted to play and Smallest and I dropped him off. We then played street hockey until I had to go in to make dinner while Smallest played on Club Penguin.

Huffle came home, Small came home and we all had dinner. The boys watched TV after Small and I tidied his room and then Huffle painted the pool deck whilst I blogged and knitted.

I have a sore throat (just on one side) and I am feeling tired and hot headed (hope it's just a cold coming).

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad Small had a good first day back, he seems to have breezed it. Trust Smallest will be ok after first few days when it's all familiar, a class full of boisterous kids sound a Challenge for the teacher though!

Wonder Woman said...

Glad they had a good first day . I am sure Smallest will establish himself in the midst of school madness soon x you will have no trouble keeping busy I'm sure! X