Monday 9 September 2013

Excuuuuuse Me!

I thought the school rule was that you couldn't go to school for 24 hours after you had been sick, but I rang the school this morning and spoke to the Secretary. "Awww poor little guy, not my little man?" She said and when I told her Smallest was fine now and absolutely full of beans, she said "send him in, he'll be fine". So I rushed him off to get ready, forgot his lunch and had to make it in two seconds flat and pushed them out of the door. I told him to ring home if he felt unwell but he assured me he was feeling fine. I decided if there were any bugs in the house, I would wash them away and washed all the bedding and towels.

Huffle worked from home today as he and Small had a trip into Toronto later for WWE Raw (wrestling).

While I had breakfast, Huffle found a quiet spot to have an important phone call. I had my usual Monday chat with Moo and we put the world to rights, caught up and chatted about her next visit. Then I went and did some grocery shopping and managed to buy Smallest a coat and ski pants and Small some ski pants. Hopefully they will fit. I bumped into two people I knew and had a good chat with them. Once home, Huffle and I had lunch together and then he did some work while I made the beds and then we had a rare afternoon walk around the Hamlet (we only had half an hour before the boys got back but it was nice).

The Cornfield - very high, the boys are desperate to go for a walk in here!

Very high - look at that sky!

Small wasn't home long before he and Huffle left for Downtown. Smallest had a good day (no sickness and no tummy problems) and had a couple of bumps. One on 'my spine' and one 'on my knee and I nearly broke it!'. We were skyped by Grandma and Grandad and we had the usual silly chat and then we played a computer game which was very taxing on my brain! We had dinner and then continued the game until bedtime where I read him a bit more of George's Marvellous Medicine. I never liked this book when I read it to Small years ago, but I like it now. Smallest loves it. As I was closing his curtains, the curtain pile fell on my nose. It really hurt, bless Smallest he was lovely, offering to fetch me something cold to put on it and rubbing my arm. He would make a good doctor or nurse.

I had lots of texts and photos sent to my phone this evening to keep us updated of the big boys trip. They had dinner at The Works (Moo may remember we took her there and we drank out of jugs!) and stood outside the Royal York looking for celebrities (it is the Toronto International Film Festival at the moment and all the big stars stay at the Royal York). I'm sure I will find out all the details later and tomorrow but I know that Small was very happy.

They never got time to make a banner but if they had, it would have been 'Excuuuuuuse me!" Which is Vicky Guereras catch phrase (don't ask me!). They had their dinner next to the FlatIron. Nice photo Huffle.

Sesame Street appearing somewhere. Royal York Celebrity Spotting. Huffle said "I started the trend of waiting for stars, big crowd in no time, muppets!"

In the arena.

At the time of posting this (11:30pm) the boys had not left the arena - who knows what time they will get back, I'm off to bed.

2 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

Boy Wonder is obsessed with WWE, he would love that! Hope they had fun and your nose is okay x

famfa said...

It's a crazy sport (can you call it a sport?). Smallest would have loved it too but sooo late. Nose is fine thanks x