Friday 16 January 2015

Baggy Shorts

The temperature today was -9 with windchill of -20 and it certainly felt like it. The wind must have been coming from the North. The boys persuaded me to let them have their breakfast in front of the TV this morning against my better judgement, and they rewarded me with despicable behavious afterwards, kicking and punching each other. Then Small had the audacity to ask if he could play on the IPad. I banned it indefinitely and told them to 'buck up their ideas' and sent them to school.

Huffle worked from home in his usual capacity and also as an Apprentice to MrBasement, who arrived before 9am. Huffle had to help him as there was no way the job could be done by one person. They did a spectacular job and we now have a working Cooker Hood which expels smells and burns outside. Wahooooo.

Moo and I went to knitting. Moo didn't actually knit anything, just supervised my knitting as I have taken over knitting my IPad cover. After knitting, Suffolk, Moo and I went for a lovely lunch at the Tin Mill. We were very good and none of us ordered dessert (though we all wanted to).

At home, Moo and I prepared dinner and played Table Tennis. The boys came home and got ready for swimming. Smallest wore shorts too big for him and I warned him they would fall down but he wouldn't hear any of it. Smallest was by himself in his swimming class and worked tirelessly throughout. He is such a lovely little swimmer, and his shorts kept falling down. Mummy knows best! Small swam well too but I could tell he was tired. He said his leg hurt (possibly from snowboarding).

It was supposed to be snowing on our way home but it didn't. Although it was dark, the sun setting the distance made the sky a beautiful reddy pink. I forgot my phone so no photos of it today. Huffle had dinner ready for us when we got back and we ate in front of Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone (again). Smallest has finished book two and started book three so we were catching up with film 1 before we start 2 again. We didn't manage to finish it, however Moo and I did finish the latest puzzle that we got from Santa.

Tomorrow is the football game between Leicester and Stoke. We are ready!!!!!! (Huffle edit - prediction Leicester 1 - stoke 2 goals from Bojan and crouch)

C'mon you BLUES

 

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the photos, especially the Blues, Up the City x