Wednesday 21 January 2015

Two less for dinner

My bed was too cosy again and so it seemed was Small's as I had to wake him up. It was strange having no Moo sneaking up on me in the kitchen today. Huffle worked from home and the kids went off to school, both with extra baggage as Small had his Snowboarding lesson and he had his extra kit to take so Smallest carried one of his bags for him (kind boy).

I went off to aerobics dressed in an extra outside layer as it felt cold today. The driveway was slippery too. Aerobics was fun but hard and I know my hamstrings, at least, will hurt tomorrow. When I got back I Skyped Moo and heard about her falling down house (it's not that bad but when you've been away and come back to boiler problems, a couple of roof tiles loose and a broken kettle and dodgy fridge, I guess it feels like it's falling down). We had a quick catch up before her plumber arrived and I set about tidying, filing, clearing and washing (now my laundry lady has gone). I started watching Last Tango in Halifax (1st series) and had lunch with Huffle.

After showering and putting washing away, I spent all afternoon knitting. Well I say all afternoon, but in reality I had a phone call at 2pm from Smallest's teacher to say that he had had a bump to his head and a lump was forming and his lip was bleeding. She said he didn't want to come home but as the lump was forming (surely that's good sign isn't it?) she thought she should let me make the decision. I spoke to him and he said it hurt but he was sitting out of the classroom so I agreed to collect him. He was fine but I sat him on the sofa watching TV for an hour and then we played two games of Snakes and Ladders 3D where he thrashed me. I started dinner and we played on the wii for a while.

Huffle wanted to go snowboarding, so we had an early dinner (dinner for three tonight as Moo and Small weren't with us. It felt a small gathering) and were on the slopes by 6:30pm. We saw Small instantly, munching on Mintoes (or Mentoes as they are called here). We went on the Magic Carpet and the Little Hills and then followed Small and Huffle as they went up on the chairlift and we watched for them coming down. Small did well and only fell at the end of getting off and came down beautifully. They went up again (we can't take Smallest up yet as he has to have another lesson at least). I didn't want to go up on my own or with the responsibility of having Small with me so I Carried on the little hills with Smallest.

He was very tired and struggling so we called it a day at 7:30pm but it was good to be out and boarding at night. By the time we got the car and bags unpacked, it was the kids bedtime so Huffle read to Smallest and Small. We haven't read to them for six weeks as that has been Moo's job.

 

 

 

 

No comments: