Thursday 29 January 2015

Fish Glorious Fish

We didn't get any snow overnight. I did have four dreams though, two of them involving fish where I was at someone's house for dinner and they presented me with a fish, a bright red shiny one with head and tail. I was not happy and there was no way I could eat it. One of my other dreams involved a lot of children at a party at our house and I washed all their coats and handed them a frozen fish each as they left. Anyone got any ideas or am I just a crazy fruit loop?

Huffle worked from home and I didn't see much of him. I went off to the forest and walked with NoCustard. The forest was snowy and icy underfoot but was very beautiful. We did a back to front shortish walk but it took us over an hour because of the snow. It snowed while we were in there but not much.

We bumped into two happy jumpy dogs and a lovely Labrapoodle type thing (it wasn't one of those but I can't remember what the owner said it was). The dog was lovely and I could have taken her home (Huffle would have been pleased - NOT!).

I picked up a nice baguette for lunch and ate with Huffle. This afternoon it snowed quite steadily all afternoon and we are due to get more overnight. I made soup and bread and ginger muffins (I halved the sugar and the fat and you couldn't tell at all - it all helps as I have now lost 7lbs, slow and steady).

The boys had homework when they got back so they did that in between playing table tennis, eating dinner and showering.

A man came to our door tonight (we don't have door to door salespeople normally) and asked if anyone in the house ate Steak or Fish (fish? Omg wasn't there enough fish in my dream? Maybe it was a premonition!). I told him we were vegetarian. "You don't eat fish either?" He said. NO I DON'T. He was selling from a van (I remember him going to DonNoQuoteys in the Summer and shouting did I want steak? I told him I was veggie then and he asked if I wanted chicken!!

 

 

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We've got your snow! Looked at the meaning of fish in dreams and I'll for for crazy, best not to look! Hope you get to the slopes this weekend for a spot of boarding. HB going back to uni, will miss her, the week's gone so quickly. x