Friday 23 January 2015

Pants Away Day

Today was PA Day and to be honest I have no idea what that means. I think it may be similar to a Teacher Training day and I know the kids love it because it is always a Friday and so they get an extra long weekend. Normally the parents dread it but today we had a lovely day. I had a much needed lie-in and the boys got up at a reasonable time and sat and watched TV until I got up and insisted on breakfast.

After breakfast Small attempted to call one of his friends to come and play but he was busy so the three of us played on the Wii. Huffle worked from home and we saw him occasionally when he ventured down for a cup of tea or lunch with us.

Today consisted of piano playing, table tennis, IPad playing, knitting (me really, no-one else) and a game of S'quarrels.

At 4pm ish we started to get ready for swimming lessons. Huffle came with us and we sat and watched the boys swimming for 45 minutes. There are hardly any other people there when we go now so Smallest swam with just one other boy and Smallest two others. They swam well and worked hard, both of them swimming 350m and 500m respectively. At some points they were swimming side by side at almost identical speeds (had they known I'm sure they would have raced each other as they are both so competitive).

Back home we had tea and watched the rest of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. I finished off my knitting. The boys went to bed and I read Harry Potter to Smallest and Huffle read The Mysterious Benedict Society to Small.

While we were cooking yesterday the fan on the Cooker Hood suddenly went on full blast shaking the kitchen units. We panicked until we read the manual and found out that we have a heat sensor so that if the cooker gets too hot it switches on automatically until it has cooled down sufficiently. Clever. Tonight the dishwasher made some gurgling noises and refused to drain, wash or turn off. What kind of sensor has that got then?

Huffle thinks I should start a new feature called BadLicencePlates as there seems to be many of them. Here is our first one.

Do you think it's supposed to be SURREAL? Does the driver of this vehicle think they are Bizarre, Weird, Unusual? Or maybe it is someone who thinks they are a true gentleman. Huffle edit - or its a bloke who is a prat


 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm going with the bloke/prat theory