Sunday 11 January 2015

Squeak squeak

Another cold one but only -3* today. I am really suffering with this cold weather at the moment. Not necessarily when I am outside either, more inside. My legs and feet get so cold. I look like a little old woman with my blankets over my knees. I know that your blood is supposed to thin with the really hot summer and then the freezing cold winters. OUCH!

Today, late morning, we left the boys with Moo and went out and picked up Small's new desk (well second hand but new to him). It was a 40 minute journey there and it didn't look as good as it did in the photos but it looked okay, so we purchased it and brought it home. When we put it properly together, we were much happier with it. Small likes it too and now he has a much larger place to do his homework on. He wants it all covered with comics in a decoupage way but I said we would do it in the Summer when we can make a big mess outside and it can dry in the sun.

We went out for dinner in our local town and took some things to entertain ourselves. Huffle and Smallest played Draughts and Moo, Small and I played S'quarrels. After dinner we went shopping or a new coat for Smallest as his arms seem to have grown at an alarming rate. To be fair, we checked all winter things fit in Autumn. The problem is that most shops now are sticking things for Autumn and Summer. How ridiculous that we still have about three to four months of this cold. In the end we found him a lovely coat (which cost much more than mine) and a pair of mittens to keep his hands warm.

We came back home and played table tennis, mario bros and hide and seek. At one point, our small coat cupboard had four of us squashed into it.

 

 

No comments: