Monday 12 January 2015

Don't belay, get me down.

-3* with snow flurries on and off all day. Huffle worked from home and shovelled the drive in the afternoon.

Moo and I had a slow morning and then late morning we went and did some food shopping. We had lunch with Huffle when we came back and I made a 7 vegetable omelette which we had with a bit of salad. (I started a diet 7 days ago and I have actually lost 5lbs - wahooo. That's probably my Christmas overeating).

Moo and I went into the cold loft and sorted all my crafting stuff out. During Christmas, paper, Sellotape and present bags were everywhere and everytime we took something up it was just dumped. I think we did a really good job. We did a bit of tidying, sweeping and dusting downstairs and then the kids came home.

It was crazy mad Monday where Smallest had to have his dinner before piano and Moo and I had dinner whilst his piano lesson was going on. We three left for Beavers as Small was starting his piano lesson. Apparently the teacher is going to lend him a Damper Pedal. Wow - big progress.

Moo, Smallest and I went rock climbing in an indoor centre. I was a belayer and I helped Smallest and Moo climb. At one point they had a race up the wall. On Moo's second climb, as she wanted to descend, I completely forgot how to let her down. She was stranded, hanging on for dear life (even though she was safe because I was an excellent belayer). With some help I lowered her, but not all the way, she was suspended a couple of inches from the ground. Whoops sorry Moo!

We left 2 hours later and it was starting to get much colder. Apparently it is going to be -31* (with windchill) overnight.

When we got home the kids went to bed. Small had had a terrible evening where Huffle was told he could go home and leave Small who was to deliver flyers with another adult and their kids. Small thought he would either be in a car delivering or playing in the Scouts place so he only had his trainers on, no snow pants, no gloves and no hat! The adult made the kids walk a long way in temperatures that were incredibly cold (including the fact that there were warnings telling people not to be outside for long periods without coverings!!!,). Huffle and Small were not Happy! Small got very very cold legs and Huffle sent him to the shower to warm up. Poor Small.

 

 

 

2 comments:

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

I can't even comprehend what -31 would feel like. It's been raining here and rather cool (for summer) 25 degrees.

AA said...

Climbing! We are defo doing that when I visit. Yogi has been reading and asks why there are no photos of Moo dangling.

xxx