Friday 9 January 2015

Spinning a yarn

Small told me this morning, that if an elephant wants to chase you, you should let him run directly at you and then quickly move aside. Or you could lure him to a hill, which he won't run down as he would roll. Initially I thought he was telling me a dream but he had been reading his National Geographic book. Good to know. Apparently it is the same with a rhino except they can run down hills. He demonstrated this fact by making Smallest act as a charging rhino while Small stood in front of a chair. As he approached, Small ducked out of the way and the Smallest rhino got his horn stuck in the chair (if he had one).

A bit warmer today with temperatures of -11* with -18* windchill (we are sitting here saying, ahhh not bad, which is ridiculous).

Huffle worked from home again and the boys went to school. Moo and I went off to knitting where she sat and did tension squares (never done a tension square in my life) and finally decided on the needles and wool and is in the process of making me a lovely IPad cover. I knit and undid and knit and undid and wound a ball of wool.

Suffolk, Moo and I went for lunch and had a catch up as Suffolk has been away in England over Christmas. We discussed going cross country skiing but after checking dates, resorts etc, we realised we couldn't fit it in our busy schedule. We are bookmarking it for Moo's next Winter visit.

At home we made a soup for dinner and did a bit more knitting whilst waiting for the kids to come home. Once they were home we had the mad Friday rush for swimming. Small is doing his Level Ten again to keep his endurance and stroke refinement (I don't like that word but I cannot think what word I want to use - no doubt it will come to me in the middle of the night). Smallest is now doing Level 8 and we have told him to take his time as we don't want him flying through all of the levels and being too young to go on any further. It has been snowing on and off all day. The boys want to go sledging at the weekend.

At home we all had dinner, the boys played on the Wii and Moo, Huffle and I played UPSET (Moo won).

A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO THE LOVELY LIZZIEDOTDOT AND HER FAMILY ON THE ARRIVAL OF GRISELDA (that's the blog name for her). WISHING YOU ALL LOTS OF PINK CUDDLES XXXX

 

 

 

 

No comments: