Tuesday 20 January 2015

Up up and away

Huffle went off to work in temperatures of -15 (and felt like -15) and the boys went to school but they didn't need hats (because they know best). They gave big hugs to Moo as we left for the airport before they were home.

We spent the first part of the morning sitting in our Pj's, eating breakfast and watching Call the Midwife. Then we started packing. Moo managed to fill two suitcases and still left loads of her own clothes and several jigsaws. I left her packing and showering while I made a couple of soups for our lunch and the kids and Huffle's dinner later. We had a roasted vegetable and tomato beany lentil soup PARP, with a lovely Portugese Crusty Roll.

Early afternoon we packed the car and drove off towards Target so I could get my notice board but I wasn't paying attention and didn't go on the right road. We almost passed another Target so stopped there and luckily they had one so we got it. We decided to get on the highway at a different place and were doing well until I decided I needed to go West and not East (It's a good job I didn't go East as we would have ended up the wrong way completely). Our journey (once we got on the highway) was uneventful and the weather conditions were fine. We got there with plenty of time and parked the car, checked Moo in and then sat and had a long coffee and a good old people watch.

I watched her walk though her Gate waving everytime she turned around - we were both giggling. "See you in about 150 days" she said laughing. It was a lovely visit.

She may have come with a lot of stuff, but look at all those cases!

The traffic home was horrendous. I hardly got over 50km for most of the way, it took forever. I was dying for the loo too, I thought I was going to burst. After a brief stop at home, I then drove into Town to see the boys playing their first football lessons.

Smallest was already playing. He had a very red face and kept looking up to where we watching from. The coach said that Smallest was better than the others in his group. He certainly worked very hard. He loved it and can't wait to go back next week.

Small started his lesson. The big indoor pitch was split into four smaller pitches and Small went to each one in turn to find out where he should have been. He was on the last one he asked about! He didn't look at all out of place. He loved it and can't wait to go next week too. His coach is from Liverpool and used to live in Leicester. The coach asked if Small was from Stoke because of his football shirt. He said "No it's because my dad's a pillock!". Obviously he didn't but that's my interpretation!

Watching my big brother

 

No comments: