Thursday 22 January 2015

What is the purpose of a Rubber Duck?

Huffle went to work and had meeting after meeting. Luckily I was here to make him a cup of tea when he got home (he says the service has improved since Moo left!!). The boys went to school, tired and with achey limbs (well Small anyway).

My car was recalled for the sixth time (maybe more) in three years so today I had to take it to the Toyota garage for work on the Spinney Steering thingummy. I got a courtesy lift back home and spent the morning sewing my quilt square as it is due on Saturday. I had a little trouble but got there in the end. Just as I was clearing away my stuff, I got a phone call from the garage saying my car was ready and the courtesy lift despatched to pick me up.

At the garage I was greeted with an invoice (with nothing to pay as it was a recall) with recommendations that I change my after sales drivers mat (the salesman showed me how the car had an unapproved Toyota mat and that a woman had sued years ago because of a problem with the brake when in fact she had piled a few mats in her car and they had slipped causing the brake to be lodged). Anyway, I explained that they had sold me the car three years ago and since then I had not changed any mats. I do need to change the mat but can't understand why they haven't told me about it before. Some health and safety thing I guess. They also suggested I have repairs done to my steering column which will cost $700, even though the Mechanic last time told me it could be changed but it was an unnecessary cost unless the clunking bothered me! I think Toyota have realised I don't spend a lot of money with them as I use our local garage and wanted to see if they could get some money out of me.

I picked up a few things at the supermarket and came home for lunch and watched some more Last Tango in Halifax. I made Spaghetti Bolognese for the boys and Vegetable Lasange for me. When the kids came home Smallest Skyped Moo and they chatted about snowboarding last night. We accidentally Skyped Grandma when calling Moo and Grandma called me back. I was chatting upstairs to G&G while the boys were playing piano and table tennis for Moo. Then Small came up to talk to Grandma and took her downstairs to listen to the piano. On the way down the boy's put the IPads together and Moo and G&G got to chat. Honestly, they all live in the same County and Country and yet they chat via Canada. Silly Billies. All chats finished, the boys played on the IPads.

When Huffle got home we all ate and then we watched Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets. We felt we all deserved a long rest and a snuggle on the sofa.

 

 

 

No comments: