Friday 30 January 2015

Whistling The Sweeney - WHAT?

It snowed during the night and although it didn't look too much, the wind was so windy (28kmph) that it drifted in huge drifts (wow I'm such an eloquent writer!!! Wind was windy and the drifts drifted. I'm never gonna win a prize with that drivel am I?). So, suffice to say that Huffle and I had to clear the drive and although the snow was fine and easily shovelled, at some points, the drifting snow was way over my boots and almost up to my knees. It took all morning to clear the snow, obviously with breaks in between. It was very very hard work but we cleared the whole lot from the house to the road, including the pathway at the front of the property.

In between time I facetimed Moo and checked out what snow she had got (piddly and disappearing compared to ours but I would have been happy with hers any day). The boys made us promise we would go sledging at the weekend as they have been waiting patiently for ages.

After lunch together, I made pastry and two quiches for dinner. Smallest is struggling with a bad cough at the moment and although we know it is only a virus, we were quite prepared for him to say he was too unwell to go swimming. However, after the boys played outside in the snowy garden for ten minutes after school, he came in and said he wanted to go swimming (after a hot chocolate and one of Mummy's jam tarts).

Swimming went well and while Smallest glided through the water like a stick, Small dawdled through being as lazy as he could. I told his teacher to tell him that if he didn't put more effort in he would have to join the instructors swim club (Small would absolutely hate this). We then had to put up with a very grumpy, tired moody boy all the way home.

After dinner (quiche was lovely) we all played Mario Kart.

Smallest had a Mummy Ginger Lemon and Honey drink and the boys watched TV before bed. My throat is feeling bad now and I have been sneezing a lot. Boooo to you cold virus. Go away!

I forgot to mention that Grandma and Grandad have just celebrated 44 years of marriage. WOW! Well done you two.

Awwwwwwwww, Huffle edit - is that white pigeon feathers?

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

44years and it don't seem a day too long.... As the song says!! We saw the love birds Asda buying cards the day before, who says romance is dead? Have a busy weekend so off to start cleaning. Ugh x