Saturday 18 November 2017

Am I more like an elephant or a bear?

Last night I slept in the loft to give Huffle a full night's sleep without me snuffling and snoring. As I left he fell out of bed, not wanting to put his hand down and hurt his bad thumb, he landed square on his back, legs in the air and naked. He looked like Gollum (I don't know why, he just did). I slept beautifully not worrying about the wheezing or the coughing that I ended up doing. I was so cosy too under my big blanket. Huffle didn't sleep well. It seems he can't sleep while I am there and he can't sleep if I'm not there. We have a plan tonight. He will either sleep with Bob, Small's enormous elephant or Pooh, his huge bear. I asked Huffle which one was more like me and he just laughed.

My cold has turned into a horrible cough that strips my chest and makes me wheezy. Yippeee. Smallest is still coughing but I think it's getting better. Huffle's sore throat is better and his thumb is more painful (he sees this as a good sign somehow).

We had a slow morning watching the beginning of The Goonies with Smallest, then we started the second StarWars until the Leicester game came on and we watched that until midday.

All of us went to Smallest's game today which was in a different dome to normal. They had a bigger wider pitch that wasn't marked out too well. The score was a draw 2-2. Before the game started I asked Smallest to get a goal. He said he couldn't because he's a defender but I asked him to try. Today he did get a goal. An own goal. Whoops, Sorry Smallest, I didn't mean that kind! However it was off his left foot so that's probably Grandads fault as Grandad coached him on his left foot this Autumn visit. (Does he still get money for a goal Grandad or does he owe you money?). The team weren't playing so well today, maybe it's the time of day. Perhaps they are better playing in the early morning slot. They should have won easily.

The football dome

After the game we went for dinner nearby. We managed nearly two games of Monopoly Deal. On the way Home we popped to the supermarket for a quick stock up and came home. It has rained all day, has been very foggy and its cold.

We had an hour and a half before Small's game. Smallest and I decided not to go as we needed a rest. Smallest had a relaxing bath and the rest of us gadgeted.

Smallest and I watched NutJob2 and then played Carcassonne. Small came home from football not very happy. He didn't like his new coach (it was the one who called for Huffle to be removed from pitchside in the Summer). He didn't like the ref (Huffle said he was a clown with a whistle). His new shirt was too small. His teammates were wimps and lacked skills. I think that's it for now. Oh dear. Poor Small.

 

No comments: