Monday 20 November 2017

I ain't getting on no plane fool

I slept better but kept being woken by a weird squeaking noise which I soon realised was coming from my throat. I also kept Huffle awake. Oh dear. I actually felt a little bit better but I still decided to go to the Walk-In doctors just to get checked out. I was cleared of pneumonia and strep throat but the doctor gave me some medicine to help me along a bit. He said if I wasn't better by Friday, then I had to go in again but I really do think I am over the worst of it now. The pharmacist said the medicine was very strong and was a narcotic (oh lovely), I only take it at bedtime and it will knock me out (wonder if Huffle can have some ;)

Smallest was coughing again this morning and was also very sensitive when Huffle told him it was time for the bus. I considered keeping him off again but he said he was fine and he was perfectly well when he got back from school though he did have mud on his face and new coat!

We did have snow but not nearly anything like they forecast.

Oodpecker feeding on Smallest's bird feeder

Small had a good day at school and brought home his report. Excellent and once again we are so very proud.

Huffle has a whole week of data processing which is very boring but it has to be done. He still managed to FaceTime Grandma and Grandad and watch the Stoke game (2-2).

While I was at the doctors and pharmacy, I did a bit of Christmas shopping. Only a little bit but it was nice to be out and meandering round by myself. Back home Huffle and I had lunch and watched a 'DontTellTheBride' (we finished it later while the boys were out).

This afternoon I made three different soups (the doctor said I had to have clear soups, no dairy, lots of goodness) and sat and knitted the beginning of my Gingerbread house.

Small came home and did his homework whilst watching the Stoke game and Smallest came home and practised piano before his piano lesson. MrsPiano gave them their lessons and we all had dinner.

Huffle took the boys to Cubs. (Smallest also had a gym sesssion for football but he chose Cubs tonight though when he got back he said he wished he'd gone to football instead).

This evening we watched I'm a celeb. Amir is so funny. The good old British public will vote for him again and again I'm sure.

 

No comments: