Wednesday 22 November 2017

Don't proffer your elbow to me!

Yay, after a coughy spluttery start, we slept. All night long. I woke up feeling much better but the cough's still there, just less of one now. Then it got worse again. I had bouts of feeling great and then bouts of feeling very yucky. Maybe another good night's sleep will help.

Small went to school refusing to wear a coat. Good heavens it's -2 and feels like -8*. He said he couldn't fit it in his locker. AND WHAT HAPPENS WHEN ITS -23? Smallest went to school with no gloves or hat but at least wearing a coat. He's left one pair of gloves at school and I forced him to wear another pair. As soon as the bus appeared, he took them off and stuffed them on his pockets. Pair of Wallys. When Smallest got home he said he needed a hat today as his ears were cold. NO! Well I never!

Huffle returned to his data processing (can tell it's boring and doing his head in cos he's grumpy!). I watched TheAWord(BBC) with breakfast. Despite the cold and the fact it was lightly snowing, the sunshine was beating through the kitchen window. It felt lovely.

This was the time of year (give or take a day or two) when we arrived in this country. What a shock to the system. Fancy leaving the place we were born and coming all the way here without doing too much research. Wow. 6 years. Moo asked yesterday when we were going to go for our Citizenship. Huffle said he might start the process soon but I said I wasn't too sure if I had adjusted yet. Ha ha, she said I never would! The other thing that struck us recently was that Smallest would be in his last year of Junior School if we were still in the U.K. and would be soon starting High School. Now that's a scary thought!

This morning I made the Christmas cake with the fruit I have been soaking in Brandy all week. I made a half size one for us (only Moo, Small and Huffle eat it so it's not worth making a huge one) and then I made various smaller sized ones for gifts. All double lined with parchment and double newspaper around the sides and bottom.

Leaving the kitchen like a Christmas Cake bomb had exploded, I got my sewing out and made Huffle's Koosie. It's not perfect but I am quite proud of my achievement. There are few bits that are rough but I will iron those out when I make Small's now I know what I am doing.

Stops you burning your fingers when using the microwave

Huffle and I had lunch. I cleared up the messy kitchen and thought about having a nice afternoon rest when I realised I had said I would drive Smallest and a couple of his classmates to the Volleyball game, so I did a bit of crocheting with my tea and then went off to school.

I didn't really need to be there, which is a little bit annoying, as there were plenty of drivers and some of the parents only had their own child in their car, still I drove Smallest and fakeJustin to a school smaller than our school, about 30 minutes away. They played three games and won them all easily. This was just a practice for the tournament they are having on Monday.

Huffle had made dinner and afterwards we left Small at home and took a Smallest to his practice and did a bit of shopping before going back to the practice and watching the end game. Smallest looked exhausted.

 

1 comment:

Sarah Tomson said...

Yay you've made your Christmas cake ��