Thursday 16 November 2017

Please put your cards in a pile, its bothering me

Smallest is feeling much better. Not so much coughing. We still kept him off football this evening, to give him a rest before his Saturday game. Huffle's thumb has some lovely colours on it. He keeps his splint on in the day and off at night. My throats feels better but now I have a full blown cold. Of course, as Mummy, I am only allowed one day off so back to normal today though I did still cancel my afternoon trip to the material shop.

The boys went to school. Huffle worked in the loft. The boiler man came. We rent our water heater and we had a new one as we found out it was 21 years old. Recently we noticed an eggy smell coming from the hot water and our plumber told us it was the anode in the heater and that the people we rent it from would change it so it doesn't react with the water, making it smell. Well MrHeater turned up and decided he didn't want to work today so he told Huffle he thought it wasn't the anode and made a call to his technical team who happened to be in a meeting and off he went to his next call promising to call us later. He did indeed call us and said Huffle and the plumber were right and he had ordered a part, and to call the company to fit it when it arrived. Well it arrived this morning and I made an appointment for this afternoon. They called back and said it would have to be done tomorrow as it takes two people. So tomorrow it is then!

I had a nice long hot soak in the bath and watched TV. It was very relaxing and soothing. Then I hoovered, put some washing on, tidied and made two cakes. A banana loaf and a lemon drizzle. It just so happens that the lemon one was ready just after Huffle and I had lunch so it seem rude not to try it. Yum yum.

This afternoon I cleared up my baking mess, made a start on dinner and collected Small from Band practice. He had a very good practice and was very happy. He had his report back today but forgot to bring it home, but he remembered his scores - English 82%. French 91%. Maths 92%. Science 93%. Fabulous results. He is going to spend some lunchtimes with his English Teacher to boost his communication marks. Once again I am a very proud mama.

It snowed on the way home, not enough to settle though. Smallest was already home and bouncing around because he has got into the cricket team. Yay!

We had dinner and then all played Wizard. Huffle won. I think I am getting worse at this game the more I play.

Huffle had a long soak in the bath while the boys played on their tablets and I blogged. PA day tomorrow and parent interviews for Smallest's teacher.

No comments: