Wednesday 1 November 2017

Gyppos!

Small and Huffle went off to the office today for 'Take your child to work' day. It should have been two boys in Huffle's office today but the other one didn't turn up, so when they were given their 'take away packs' Small got to bring one home for Smallest too. The first part of the day consisted of walking around the office and seeing what each section did. There was a pizza for lunch and then Small spent the afternoon with Huffle. He now knows that Insurance is boring and he doesn't want to do it, which was exactly what Huffle wanted him to get out of the day. The only section that Small found interesting, was Actuaries (analysing data to calculate risks) very Maths orientated. Ummmm interesting.

The boys putting on their shiny shoes
Cheesey work shot

Smallest wasn't feeling too well this morning (sore throat, dizziness and tiredness) but he decided to go to school anyway (dressed accordingly in long trousers, fleece and coat). He didn't call me to collect him but when he got home ahead was still feeling unwell and we decided he wasn't going to football practice. Instead he played FIFA with Huffle and went to bed early with a blanket and a warm elephant.

I went to exercise with a knee support on. Don't know what I have I done but it is very sore. We worked hard but ExerciseNic had trouble with her words today and we got in some muddles. Very funny though.

I came home and showered and went straight out again. Today I met up with an expat Brit who I have known since I've been here but haven't seen for some time due to her retraining in nursing and taking up photography and generally being rather busy. She wanted to borrow a manekin leg for a photo shoot and as ExerciseNic had one, I took it to her. We met in Starbucks and had many funny looks with a leg sitting on our table as we caught up and chatted for ages. We perused round a few shops for the next hour or so and parted, promising to meet up soon.

When I got home I had a quick tidy up before the work and school boys got home and then gave MissHorse a knitting lesson. I put her right on her dishcloth and then she chose the wool for our next project which is going to be a chicken. I talked her through some of the pattern explaining what things meant. The first eight rows were stocking stitch so she easily got on with that and took it home to finish the last couple of rows before we start to decrease next week. Plus she still has her dishcloth to finish. She is getting on so well.

I made dinner, we ate it and we all did our own thing this evening.

A very late kniphofia

 

No comments: