Friday 17 November 2017

The StarWars marathon begins again

I woke up at 5am and had to come downstairs. My plan was to have a hot drink and maybe watch some TV but I fell asleep on the sofa wrapped in two blankets and my dressing gown. Cosy. I had weird dreams of Grandma jumping off hay bales.

Smallest woke me when he got up and we watched CakeBoss whilst dozing in and out of sleep. The sofa is very comfy though I wouldn't want to sleep on it all night. I am still full of cold and it's driving me crazy. My head is full of it too. Huffle now has a sore throats and Smallest is still full of it. Small is still illness free. Thumb is not getting worse and he has had a few shooting pains through it (we don't know but we are hoping this a good sign).

The boys stayed at home playing on their tablets whilst Huffle and I went for morning Parent/Teacher interviews at Smallest's school. His teach is ill too. I think it is just this time of year, mind you the school was uncomfortably warm which can't help. First we saw his main teacher who is very happy him and has no concerns. She says he is a leader and a good moral role model for her other students. Always willing to help and answer questions and it is a pleasure having him in her class. Our second teacher was his French and Gym teacher. She is also very happy with him and says he is doing really well in Drama, they are continuing with 'NEtiquette' in Health and she can tell he loves Gym. His French is progressing very well and his spelling in French and telling the time is excellent. PAddongtonsDad (his old teacher) came and asked if Smallest was happy to be now in the cricket team. Oh yes of course. We finished with a chat with the Princioak to find out why Smallest had been called out of gym the other day. She didn't know anything about it but said she would investigate and get back to me. She called me back this afternoon and said one of the boys in his class was feeling excluded and he named Smallest as one of the people not being fair. Apparently his teacher and the teacher who called him in didn't believe Smallest could have anything to do with it but they had to act on it as his name was mentioned. He is not in trouble basically and it was just a follow up. I'm not worried about to at all, especially as I know who the boy was!

The rest of the morning the boys and I played a game of Wizard. They beat me easily though they did say I was getting better. We finished it after lunch. We FaceTimed Moo this morning and she was disappointed that our snow had gone already and that the sun was shining through the windows so brightly despite it being -1 (feels like -4*).

For lunch, Huffle joined us and we watched Star Wars. We are beginning at the first film and working our way through so it all makes sense when we see the new film at Christmas time when Moo is here (not that she will understand it but it doesn't matter). We are watching them in the order they should be and not the order they were filmed in. We saw half of it with lunch and the other half after dinner. There was some snoozing though.

I don't know if I mentioned it was a PA DAy which is why the boys were off today. Small had some homework which he almost finished. I did some dot to dots and a bit of colouring as well as the games and film and that was about it.

 

No comments: