Tuesday 28 November 2017

Petticoat Fails

The temperature today was a whopping 17*. WOW that's crazy weather. The sky was such a beautiful bright blue.

The boys went to school, still in coats as it was much cooler first thing this morning. Huffle worked in the loft though I found him up a ladder fixing the barn drainpipe at lunchtime. I went to work and worked with Jeff, Jan and D in the greenhouse. We took cuttings of peperomia and other weird plants. For coffee break we had a lovely Chocolate carrot cake with a crunchy shortbread topping. Delicious. I get the recipe next week. The greenhouse got to 27*. Very nice.

Look at that sky. Not edited!!

Huffle and I had lunch and watched part of a Gotham episode before I rushed off and did some food shopping. There are certain shops here that are sooo very quiet in the afternoon and this was one of them. No one in the aisles, checkouts free. Perfect. Just as I was packing the car, Huffle remembered something we needed so I popped to another shop on the way home and also looked for knee pads for Smallest as he has another volleyball tournament tomorrow and he has worn his knees out of his trousers and has two huge bruises.

I came home, watched the Leicester game (win yay) and FaceTimed Moo at the same time. Small came home and watched with me for a while and spoke to Moo and went off and did his homework. Smallest came home, chatted to Moo and did his homework with some help from me. He now has to do 30 minutes of reading everyday, Mathletics on the computer each week, plus his normal maths homework and now a booklet which has spellings, language and maths. Small got given his preferred subject for the essay he as to write for English. "Are professional sportsmen paid too much?".

I made dinner and Smallest made shortbread with some help from me and some cutting out from Small. The boys played FIFA and Huffle and I watched the start of ImACelebrity.

 

No comments: