Wednesday 15 November 2017

Invite to the grotto

Three out of four of us didn't sleep last night. Huffle is still struggling with his thumb, Smallest was coughing all night and I had a really sore throat and couldn't swallow. Huffle and I were up at 3am. Small seems to have escaped illness thank goodness.

I got up to do the lunches and then went back to bed leaving the kids to go to their buses, not that they need me but I do like to watch Smallest get on the bus, just so I know! I didn't stay in bed too long because my watch/step counter buzzed every thirty minutes to tell me I was being lazy. How rude!

I cancelled my excercise class and my lift with MrsM. I cancelled my lunch out with Taff and I cancelled my knitting class with MissHorse. All I did all day was watch TV, snooze and drink copious amounts of hot water which soothed my poor throat. I did make a carrot and tomato soup for lunch as that is what I fancied and we had none in the freezer. Huffle joined me for a soupy lunch and then back to work he went. He came down every now and then to check on me and to make burgers for dinner later.

I snoozed some more and got woken by Small knocking at the door because I had locked it. Smallest came home with his report card and we sat and read it together. It was a very good report and his teachers were full of compliments. Well done Smallest. So proud. He had another incident at school today where he was sitting helping a boy with his Maths and probably the tiniest girl in his class pushed him off his ball (they don't just have chairs, they have bean bags and yoga balls now). He hit his back on the wall which has left a mark and three of the kids, him included, went down to the office. One of the girls told tiny girl to push him off because it wasn't his desk. The girls didn't get into trouble because they cried!

We all had dinner and Huffle went out in the car to see if he could drive okay with his poor thumb. He took Small with him just in case but all was well and they very helpfully moved my tyres into the barn for me too.

Smallest had a football practice this evening so Huffle took him to that and did a bit of shopping while he played. Small and I stayed at home, watched a bit of TV and played Ace2Ace. I won.

Smallest's cough is getting worse and we have told him he can't go to football gym practice tomorrow if he's not improved. The boys have Friday off as it's a PA day so at least Smalest will get some rest then.

Weather is rainy but warming up.

No comments: