Tuesday 14 November 2017

Controversy in D0llarama

Poor Huffle didn't sleep too well and is still in pain. I used my 'home nursing' and 'essentials in first aid' skills earned in 1982 at St Johns Ambulance, and bandaged him up good and proper last night and went out to get a splint this afternoon, but the shop I went in doesn't sell them anymore. I took him out later to get one but that shop doesn't sell them anymore either. The pharmacist suggested another place and we went there this evening to get one. Success at last.

This morning the boys went to school and the buses were running. No sign of the strike yet! Smallest has a cough which is hurting his chest. I'm desperate to make sure he doesn't get a seal cough! I made him drink a hot lemon, ginger and honey. He hated it! Small came home with a new saying "we took up some stuff in...........(whatever subject)". Huffle and I don't like it, it makes no sense but he's obviously heard people saying it.

I went to work this morning and because Jan needed to make a phone call that required considerable 'holding', MrsM and I had our coffee and snack first. Today Jan had made shortbread chocolate squares. The rest of the morning we spent taking cuttings from pelargoniums and plectranthus. I came home with treats for everyone because MrsM felt sorry for Huffle and his thumb.

After lunch and a watch of TravelMan48Hours, I drove off with my winter tyres to get them changed. Since our little garage in the Hamlet has gone, I had to take my car to TheTire. Fortunately it is in a Strip Mall and there are a few shops for me to wander round. I started with Walmart looking for a splint and then walked round Winners where I purchased a couple of Christmas presents. While I was in there I got the inevitable call from TheTire to say my brakes needed doing and could they do them while the car is on the ramp. Funny how they are so busy and can't fit people in and yet they can fit an extra job in here and there! This meant I had another half an hour to forty five minutes to wander so I went to Dollarama and picked up lots of little things for Christmas. I had far too much to carry and no car to put everything in to. I could see my car back on the car park but they hadn't called me so I went in anyway. It was ready they just needed to sort the highly inflated bill out.

I came home after going to the bank for more money for the plumber who called round today. His bill was also astronomical. He said he would come back in an hour or two. Once the boys were home, I took Huffle splint shopping and then drove around the Hamlet looking for the Plumbers Van. In the end I put his money in an envelope and took it next door (not Otto's) and left him a note on the door. I havent heard from either of them so I can only guess he got it.

We went out for dinner en route to Splint shop no3. We all ordered pizza as they had a wood fire oven and it smelled good. However my choice was disappointing. There was no tomato, just beetroot, rocket, balsamic blobs and goats cheese. Basically a salad on a dry pizza base. I guess it was a healthy option. Meh! The others were happy with theirs though.

 

No comments: