Friday 3 November 2017

I've made my decision

I was woken from a bizarre dream about a very young Smallest being in a religious camp and I found him dunking his own head in water and looking very pleased with himself. (I think he was baptising himself) I was worried that we had got him involved in a cult! We then went inside and an autistic boy sat on me, pinched me and whispered rude things to me. I wasn't very happy, not so much with him but that the people running the camp didn't say anything to him but weren't very happy with my response!! Weird. The only thing I can think is that I watched 'Young Sheldon' yesterday or I'm bonkers!

Small went to school and came back with copious amounts of homework. I don't think there has been one day that he hasn't had any, even the day he wasn't there! Smallest went to school today feeling much better. He missed out on cricket tryouts yesterday and as such, missed a place on the team. I'm fuming because it was my fault he didn't go in. Apparently PaddingtonsDad wasn't very happy he didn't turn up for the try out! So annoyed that no one told him he was ill! He is an AP (can't remember what it means but basically he will turn up for practices but won't be able to go to the tournament unless someone pulls out or is ill). He is not happy but he doesn't want me to pursue it. Such a shame as he didn't get in last year because he was too young and PaddingtonsDad aid he would get in this year! He also tried out for volleyball!

First thing this morning, we had a problem with the internet. It just stopped. Huffle called our service provider and they said our modem was dead and they would send someone round tomorrow with a new one. That was the earliest they could get to us. Huffle needs it for work so called the office but they were sending people home because there was a burst water mains so he had to stay at home and just make do using his phone hotspot!

I went shopping on my way to knitting. There were only three of us again at knitting and ShopKeeperEl had finished my sock for me and I finished the other one. I tried to do my other pair but I wasn't happy so I will have to redo that another day. I was also due to take photos of ShopkeeperEl's family this Sunday but it has been postponed due to family commitments and the weather. We are still going to do it but not sure when yet!

I came home and had lunch and Huffle had just fond a way of sorting the Internet. He was annoyed that he knew more than the silly helpdesk! We had lunch and then he sorted it properly and we were all up and working again and cancelled the call out! We later found out that school had the same issue and they were getting a visit that morning!

While I was shopping I bought myself a knitting magazine and found a lovely pattern for a knitted gingerbread house with gingerbread men. I decided to make a start on the men and by the evening had finished one completely.

He is about the size of my phone

I did a bit of hoovering in my bathroom, cleaned a toilet in the main bathroom and took down the inside Halloween decorations. The outside ones will have to wait, though Smallest informed me they should be down now and Christmas decorations couldn't go up until five days before Christmas and then five days afterwards, they would have to come down. He is a funny thing! He hates seeing decorations up too long after Christmas and here they keep them up for ages and ages!

Both boys came home and I took them for haircuts. Small's is very short and Smallest's is shortish but still very Smallest! I'm not sure that makes sense except to me!

Small did homework and Smallest helped Huffle and I to make pizza. We made the dough in the new bread machine but I used my old recipe for the old machine (not thinking) and I also used a diffeent yeast as I couldn't find my usual one in the supermarket. The dough came out very big, wet and puffy. It rolled out okay and tasted good but perhaps I should check the machines recipe for next time.

We ate in front of XFactor - the last in the Judges House. We predicted almost perfect for all houses. We don't really like the live shows, we get bored but I'm guessing they'll still be on in the background. Give us something to moan about.

Smallest went to bed fairly early tonight as he has a football game tomorrow at 8am which means Huffle and I have to get up earlier than we do for school. Smallest has set his alarm for 6:15am. We will have to leave at 7am ish. OUCH,

 

 

 

No comments: