Friday 26 January 2018

A nod’s as good as a wave

I had a very slight lie-in this morning.  Small didn’t need to go to school but Smallest did (he leaves at 8:40am). He woke us with a “I think I’ve pulled my hamstring”. He hadn’t, he had just overstretched it it a little.  Poor thing.  He was fine.  Today he took in his bridge he was making for science.  Apparently he added toilet rolls and made bridges on the bridge.  His teacher was so happy it is now displayed in the library.  Awwww. Well done Smallest.



Small did some revision and some FIFA and later I got him to make a pizza dough in the bread machine.   He followed my recipe and put the machine on.  All part of the getting-ready-for-April
training.

I went to School for assembly as Smallest was getting an award for his robot project.  He was of course embarrassed and while other mums were getting waves from their little angels, I got a nod of appreciation for being there.  Clever little man.






From School, I went to Knitting where I continued with my horrible sock that I hate but just want to get finished.  There was only four of us including ShopKeeperEl but it was still loud and chatty.

Back home, I had lunch with Small and Huffle and continued with my crochet blanket.
It’s coming along well.

For Christmas I bought Small several packs of ‘Brookside Crunchy Clusters’ (dark chocolate clusters with berries and  multigrains). He loves them and I used to be able to buy a huge bag from Costco but they don’t sell them anymore.  Anyway, he opened a new bag today and asked me to try one,  they tasted bad!  So we sent them an email telling them.  I can’t remember where I bought them from though.  Huffle said he remembers us writing to Smarties and complaining there were no orange ones in the tube.  I think we were hoping for a trip to the factory and a box full but we got a voucher for £1.  Ah well it was  something.  We wrote to Disney when Smallest’s Pluto fell apart and they phoned me and asked if I would like a replacement.  They still sent him a new one and sent a Goofy too.  He was over the moon.  I don’t expect Brookside to do anything but if people don’t report when things are bad, how will they know.  Isn’t that how things get recalled?

This afternoon I went for a walk.  It was still quite cold but not hat weather and Huffle has bought me some new gloves that means I can take photos without taking my gloves off and getting frostbite.

A bit puddly






Smallest came home with achy legs so I sent him up for a hot bath.  MrsChristmas came round to bring me some money.  Some foreign old coins for our card games, some euros!! and some English money for my trip (£2.55). Actually I was impressed I could count the English coins without looking at them, ie from the shape and size and I can’t do that with all the money here (still have to check the 10c and 5c).

This evening I went to the cinema with Suffolk and Jacq to watch Phantom Thread.  It was nothing like I thought.  Very strange but still good.  We got to sit in huge recliners which were very comfortable indeed.

I left the boys at home watching GrandTour, Big Bang and playing FIFA.


No comments: