Monday 15 January 2018

Knot badges please

No cancellation or delays on the buses much to the consternation of the boys who went off to school as normal. Huffle worked at the kitchen table and I went off to Monday's exercise class picking up MrsOrange on the way. It was a a tough class today, possibly because it wasn't our first one back, maybe because I wasn't feeling 100% (still got a sore thoat) or more likely that ExerciseNic had been dreaming crazy moves again like the Protractor Swing!!!

Back home I had a lovely hot relaxing bath and finished watching LittleWomen (BBC). One of my favourite books growing up. Nice mini series. I love the bath we put in. It's sooo very deep, perfect.

Huffle and I had lunch together and watched a Gotham. This afternoon I made a bread as requested by my family. Today I chose another of PaulHollywoods recipes but this time for Soda Bread. No yeast, just baking soda. No proving, no kneading but very delicious. Small says it's his most favourite bread and is going to make one later in the week because he wants to eat it all the time.

I decided to sit and have a cuppa and try to work out the blanket I was making when I got a FaceTime from the lovely LizzieDotDot. We had a lovely chat while littleN was bathing and I got to see all the foam animals she was playing with and I even got served a bubbly ice cream. So nice to hear from her. Can't wait to meet up in April.

Boys came home. Small had homework and disappeared and Smallest played with his helicopter until MrsPiano arrived. Lessons were done and dinner eaten. I made Spicy Sausage Risotto and Butternut Squash Risotto which we had with our rustic soda bread.

This evening Huffle carefully (the weather was awful, thick thick snow and bad road conditions) drove us to the Rock Climbing place for Cubs. Huffle and I belayed and the boys climbed. They did very well.

 

No comments: