Friday 12 January 2018

Great iciness

All school buses were cancelled today. It seemed very strange at first because it looked like a Spring day, a rainy Spring day though. Small couldn't get to school unless I took him but then the forecast was bad for when he finished school so he stayed at home. Smallest wanted to go to school so Small decided to walk him there. He said the weather was horrible. It was very foggy again but also the rain had washed away most of the snow so there were huge puddles everywhere. The paths were not walkable so they had to walk mainly in the road.

Foggy @ 7:30am
Rainy @ 9am

Huffle worked in the loft, Small played on FIFA and I had a lovely FaceTime with Yahoo where we chatted and laughed a lot. I made a Sweet Chilli Relish and Small came up and played Kingdomino with me while it cooked.

By midday, the rain had turned to freezing rain. The windows were iced over completely and we could see the cars were getting covered too. Small and I made Cheese Toasties for lunch and we watched the first episode of TheMagicians. Huffle went back to work and Small and I cleaned and cleared his desk and put away the last of his Christmas presents. He played on FIFA and I knitted in preparation for MissHorse's lesson which later got cancelled due to the weather.

Icy at 12noon

I decided to go and pick Smallest up from school an hour early and braved the car journey to fetch him. It was hailing and then snowing horizontally. The roads weren't too bad but I could tell it was going to be tough much later. Lots of parents were collecting their kids and the Principal was trying to make the teachers leave early as some of them live far away.

The snow continued and it got heavier and heavier and the wind got more wild. I made a start on dinner while the boys played and then crocheted until dinner time.

Snowy @ 2pm
Yucky for the rest of the day

After dinner we all played Kingdomino and then Take2. Small went and read in his room, Huffle went for a bath and Smallest and I played with the helicopter and made a paper DarthVader with one of his Christmas presents.

It sounds wild outside but I don't want to look.

 

No comments: