Thursday 11 January 2018

Feel the wheel

Moo got home safely and had a good flight, a good seat and good food. I apparently made a noise like a tiger all night long. Sorry Huffle.

Smallest has a trapped nerve in his neck and I put a warm wheatie on it this morning while he waited for his bus. It could have something to do with falling on his nose on the slopes last night. Small came in to me this morning saying 'no cancellations and no delays'. He was talking about the school buses. We thought because of the ice that they would cancel and he was prepared to not go to school but offered to walk smallest in for me.

Today I started my new pottery course. This time on the wheel. It has been a very long time since I learnt how to do this and I don't remember being too good at it. It is a 25 minute drive away and starts at 10am. It finishes at 1pm which sounds a long time but the time went really fast. I loved it which I expected. There were three of us who were beginners and two who were advanced. Apparently there will be more next week. Our teacher is an Indian lady, mid thirties who is very good, very patient and funny. She is an artist herself and creates in her basement at home plus teaches at several colleges. She gave us a guided tour and explained all the processes and then did a couple of wheel demonstrations. Then we just go on with it. Just to get a feel of the clay and what it could do. The two advanced people were really nice and kind and helped us too. It was fun and very messy. Out of the three pots I threw, I had one goodish one and two others went to be rainbows (clay to use another time). By the time I came away I had a terrible headache as I concentrated so much. Huffle sent me a photo of KeithBrymerJones crying when I sent him a photo of my first attempt.

Pat way through my first attempt
My finished first attempt

Back home Huffle had started the washing so I dried and folded and did another load, had my lunch and watched NextOfKin(ITV). Small came home and told me about his day and went off to do homework. Smallest came home. He saw the Principal about the ukulele and she said it was fine as I had explained everything. Why then, did PaddingtonsDad tell him he couldn't use another one unless there were spares? Why, when Smallest asked what he was going to use, did PaddigntonsDad tell him to play a pencil? Mean man! On the bus the boy that broke the ukulele asked Smallest what happened and then said 'ha! I never got into trouble!'. Mean boy! We are thinking of buying him one for his birthday.

After dinner Smallest, Huffle and I played Kingdomino several times. Small played FIFA and Smallest joined him before bed.

The weather looks horrible. All misty, foggy and rainy. Lots of rain due and then snow.

 

No comments: