Wednesday 3 January 2018

Hairy Gone Christmas

After breakfast, the boys, Moo and I went off for haircuts (well I had my fringe cut) with our local hairdresser. She had a jigsaw puzzle on the table and Moo and I spent the whole time, in between cuts, jigsawing. The boys played outside with MrsHairdressers' kids on their ice rink (without skates of course).

Back home Huffle was starting to take down the Christmas decorations. We had already decided today would be the day as Moo and I are out all day tomorrow. Huffle likes to take things down and leave them in a huge pile for me to sort out. This, of course, drives me crazy. Moo and I worked on wrapping all the Christmas tree decorations and boxing them. The boys took down their own trees and went through the decoration box getting rid of stuff they no longer wanted or things that were broken. Bit by bit the house was emptied of all things Christmas. It looks so much bigger and cleaner. The tree was left while we had lunch and watched part of Jurassic World.

Small and Huffle removed the tree and placed it in the garden so we could still look it. Apparently they give Christmas trees to the elephants at the zoo but probably don't take just any tree as they wouldn't quite know if it was treated or not. I would have liked to have taken our tree to feed them too!

The boys played on FIFA, Moo and I tidied and organised the pantry and I cleared up some of the Christmas presents the boys got.

Late afternoon I taught Huffle to make a simple soup. Moo and I chopped but he did the rest. Carrot, Lentil and Tomato with enough left to go in the freezer. I think I will be making lots for the freezer over the coming weeks.

 

 

No comments: