Tuesday 5 March 2013

Scrambled Eggs

Huffle went off to work. The boys went off to school.

The were no men working today. They had another job and were supposed to be back briefly this afternoon but they got waylaid, so I got on with vacuuming. It was painstaking. Sucking the dust out from in between the floor pieces individually. It took a few goes as I had to sit on the floor and scoot along. I still haven't quite finished it.

I had a very leisurely morning, watching Netflix whilst eating breakfast, painting a plate for Smallest's birthday.....

And doodling some mugs......

...before getting myself dressed and going out for a mooch around the shops. I bought a couple of throws for the sofa upstairs and a baskety thing for my wool. I got Smallest a birthday present and two blinds for the loft windows. Then I did a food shop. I stopped off at the thrifty shop but only found a game. Pictionary. I have been thinking about buying this game for a while as both the boys like drawing. I finally came home and put the shopping away. Tried the throws on the sofa and then got all my old baby blankets out that had been crocheted and knitted. I think they might make some nice cushion covers and additional throws. The blinds fit the window perfectly. We are not putting them up until the men have completely finished.

My shopping list had a few things on there that Smallest added, one of which was Chocolate Chip Muffins. The shop didn't have any, so I decided to make some. There wasn't a recipe in my new book so I found one on the Internet. They were a bit dry so we had them with ice-cream after our dinner.

The boys came home just as the muffins were going in to the oven and of course had to test the mixture. Once they came out of the oven, they had to test the cakes themselves. I was supposed to make half of them blueberry, but I forgot.

Huffle came home and we all had dinner. I had a telephone conversation with MrCash who ended up inviting us to stay at his cottage one weekend. He said the boys could go behind the boat on tubes. They would love that! How nice.

Huffle and I played TableTennis until Small went off to Cubs - today they were working on their cooking badge. Small already has two of the five things ticked off and tonight they made a fruit smoothie, scrambled egg and pancakes. He wants to make us Scrambled Egg on Toast for dinner. I told him he could make it at the weekend for us all.

 

He was chattering about it when he got home. He absolutely loves it! Huffle, Smallest and I played on the Wii while Small was at Cubs. We played Mario and Sonic at the Olympics and Mario Bros. Smallest went to bed. I Vacuumed a little bit more until Small got home and then he went to bed. Huffle and I are about to watch Phil Spencer Secret Agent with a cup of tea and a muffin.

Oh, a couple of photos of the dust free (nearly) loft.

 

NIGHT NIGHT.

 

No comments: