Monday 9 May 2016

All out of fuel

I had to wake up Smallest this morning and his bad eye was stuck firmly closed. I went downstairs to fetch a hot salty cotton pad but he came down and all was well. He said the secret to getting it unstuck was to keep it closed for a minute until he was properly awake and then it opened by itself. He got his usual eye drops (he closes his eyes as it falls), nasal spray (which he does by himself now) and anti-histamine. The pollen count said it was HIGH for birch, beech and mulberry (no ash, well that throws my theory out the window).

The other night when I was checking on the boys as they were sleeping, I went into Smallest's room and had a whole conversation with him while he was asleep.

Him: I don't know what this is (pointing to his pillow). ME: it's your pillow. Him: but what does it do? ME: you sleep on it. Him: but what is it for? ME: for putting your head on and going to sleep. He then put his head on his pillow and started snoring. He remembers nothing and thought it was hilarious.

Once the school bus had gone, I took my car to the garage and dropped it off for my Winter Tyre change over, a handbrake (emergency brake) check and the rusty part under my seat checked. I walked home in the sunshine and had my breakfast whilst watching The Secret (ITV) OMG this is a true story!!!!!!!!

I peeled and chopped veggies and beef for a stew for dinner and popped them all in the slow cooker. I also put some washing on the line which I did last night and washed three other loads and put them on the line later, taking full advantage of no Otto fire or DooBeDoo fumes. He was there as well, I wonder why??????

Late norming I went for a walk with ClownRose and LittleFin and we walked up to Toad Hall and back. It was a beautiful day. Back home I finished washing, drying, hanging, unhanging and then re-made the boys beds with lovely fresh bedding.

This afternoon I also made some pastry for a quiche for dinner for Smallest and I (he hates Beef Stew and normally I would make him eat it because it is so full of veggies but we made a deal that he would eat vegetables with his quiche.

Late afternoon I walked up to get my car. The handbrake is fine but may want looking at in the future when he deals with my back brakes (it will be cheaper than stripping it back on its own). My rusty bits are fine too as the rest of the fixings are in perfect condition.

I finished the afternoon by planting the rest of my new plants, adding the extra compost Huffle and Smallest got and watering the vegetable garden. The boys came home arguing and fighting and both did a chore each before their piano lessons which involved getting their bikes ready for a Scout/Cub Forest bike ride later on. Small also cleaned the bathroom for me. He did a lovely job.

Some beautiful tulips in our garden

The Cub Leader picked up the boys and their bikes and took them to the forest and Huffle and I went for a game of tennis and finished with a cup of tea on the porch.

 

No comments: