Saturday 7 May 2016

I like my chipped fox

I felt so ill last night. I was extremely tired and couldn't keep my eyes open, so went to bed early without Huffle (that's unheard of). I had a cold nose and cold feet and felt all shivery inside. Then I woke up in the night and I was burning. I also woke up and found my mouth felt horrible and I had to clean my teeth. Very strange. I woke this morning fairly early as Huffle was closing my window because Otto was having yet another fire!

Huffle and Smallest went off early to get free compost from the Region again. Small was sat watching the Simpsons and I came down and made pancakes for everyone. I felt much better but my tummy was a little 'off'. The boys returned with bags of lovely compost which we left on the drive as we didn't have time to put it on the garden.

After breakfast Huffle went to his coaching meeting where he listened to the main man MrScmooze and MrNuttin4xmas showed them all how to do Keepy-ups (in our opinion this is a waste of time). Apparantly he told them to do it on their tie (he is very carribean, he may have meant thigh!). He came home with a box of footy kit for his team, balls and some pilons (which are cones, not a lot of people piled on top of each other). He doesn't appear to have a deputy even though two people asked him previously if they can be his assistant. However, it seems as usual, they are all talk and no action.

I sat on the porch and saw this through the window

The kids helped me clear the kitchen and sort out their afternoon football kit and then played on their tablets (until I took Small's away much for a being a 'smart arse'). We wrapped up the birthday cake and when Huffle came home, took it to the party which was held at a local farm. There were pony rides, s'mores making (toasting marshmallows and biscuits), tricycle riding, basketball and a lot of things that weren't open this early in the season like rock climbing, swimming, ice hockey............. We stayed for an hour and then left for football practice.

All that was left of the cake. What piggies!
The boys enjoying their maple lollipop from the party (poor Smallest's eyes).

The pollen count was high today on all tree pollens. Ash, Birch and Oak. Smallest's eyes weren't too bad earlier but he said they were itchy. Later they looked awful. He had all drops and sprays and anti-histamine first thing and an extra dose of drops late afternoon.

Smallest's football practice was outside for the first time since the Summer. One of his teammates had a broken and fractured wrist which means he can only practice and not play games, another one cried for most of the game!?! and MrCoach was grumpy as usual. It very cool and one of the mums lent me a blanket which I wore whilst watching the kids play. Small and Huffle had a part to play too in the practice. I heard Coach say today "you don't gotta wanna do that". Omg was that even a little bit English? On noticing Smallest wasn't running as fast, he said "you been eating too many fish and chips, beer and Yorkshire pudding". I told him to say "my Mum says you look like Mr Bean".

We were all hungry so we went to a new Italian in Stouffville. It was weird as they weren't on Trip Advisor, had been in that location for over a year and we didn't notice. The waitress hurried our bill to us even though Small was still eating. The fresh pasta was nice but lacking in sauce and the Parmesan was not fresh and there was too much of it. They never asked if we wanted dessert either. Apart from that it was okay.

On the way back to the car we stopped to look for Mothers Day Presents for me. We were looking at the Knobs (door knobs) and Smallest was opening each drawer to look inside. He said he was looking for one with a red dot because the sign said 'red dots 50% off'. Ummmmmm I wonder who he takes after?

I can't finish this without mentioning that today was World Naked Gardening. Jill(Jack&) sent me a message the other day saying she couldn't wait to read about what happened. Well it was raining and the closest I got was going outside without my shoes on to bring the compost from Huffles car to the driveway. However, when I looked over the fence to see what Otto was doing.............

Ha! If only he looked like that! Instead he is a dirty, smelly, long haired, pot smoking, fire burning shaggy (scooby doo) lookalike. P.s. I got this photo from the Internet.
Photos sent to me by Yahoo
I also can't finish without mentioning Leicester City. Their last home game. Now I wish I had been there as it looked amazing. UNfortunately many of the real fans couldn't afford the ridiculous overpriced tickets because of all the 'pretend fans' who are suddenly fans because of them becoming champions. Glad you are happy for them but c'mon, some of these real fans have been going for years when they were at their worst. Lovely photos of today though and I especially love the one of Ranieri.
Photos sent to me by Yahoo
Photos sent to me by Yahoo
Found this on Facebook

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

Sarah Tomson said...

😂😂 this made me laugh soooo much....i bet it took you ages to search that picture hehe

Was a great day for Leicester (even if it did pour down at one point) people were driving around in our village beeping their horns....I'm hoping the parade day is dry so we can go and soak up the atmosphere (C is going to the training ground on weds to look at some chairs for them ...wonder if he needs and assistant 😉)

famfa said...

It was all for you. Actually I searched world naked gardening and they came up from last year......
I think C jack will definitely need an assistant. Xx