Friday 13 May 2016

No pants Friday

I distinctly remember asking Smallest last night to check his swimming kit for school. "Make sure you have your goggles, swim shorts and a towel". Oh yes he said, of course he said. So imagine my surprise whilst sitting at knitting, relaxing, drinking coffee and generally listening to other people's conversations, when I get a call from his teacher saying that although Smallest had his swim shorts on, which he had for some reason worn to school, he had not brought with him any shorts to change into afterwards, hence he was wringing wet and would be for the rest of the day (it was 11am and I had only been at knitting for 20minutes). "Don't you have any friends who could bring some in" his teacher asked. I DONT HAVE ANY FRIENDS I said. I actually, at that very moment, could not think of anyone who lived nearby who would have the clothes that fit smallest and would go to the school for me. Later on, I did think of several people who would have been more than happy but there you go. Instead I left all my bags, coffee and knitting and drove off to home, picked up some shorts and pants (well I had no idea) and headed to school. This morning it was raining and I made them both go in wellies much to their disgust, so I felt a little guilty when the sun came out half an hour after school started and stayed out for the rest of the day, so I took in Small's trainers too (not that he was very impressed with me interrupting his lesson). I left a package of Smallest's things on his desk as he wasn't back from the Pool yet and headed back to knitting just in time for the last ten minutes and my cold coffee. Still, I finished MrsElderflower's socks.

Also last night, we had a storm. It seemed to come out of nowhere even though I had a headache all day which is a sure sign that a storm is a coming. It was several very loud claps of thunder and lots of lightning. Huffle didn't have time to escape downstairs but I fell asleep so I'm guessing he was okay.

Huffle went in to the office today and didn't come home until just aft 5pm. After the boys went to school (wellies, no shorts etc), I went off to knitting and that story you know.........

Suffolk and I went for lunch and a Pot of White Tea and then we went to the sewing shop to chose our materials for our bag course that we are doing next Friday. It was quite complicated as we needed to find six different fabrics. The course is to make a roll-up bag with multi pockets inside with zips which meant choosing zips too. I cheated and found a pack of quilting squares and asked what fabrics they had in that range. They came out with lots of them and I chose my six. The girl in there was very patient and very helpful. With the material, the pattern and the cost of the two day course, it is costing more than I ever would have paid for the bag itself but it is learning a lot of new skills. I just hope I can do the homework needed to keep up.

I only had enough time for a quick cup of tea on the porch before the kids came home and then I made meatballs and a tomato sauce for dinner, washed Smallest's hair to get the chlorine out of it (he did it himself first but came down with half of his hair dry!!!!). So I did it again properly. It's been a while since I washed his hair for him - he has soooo much) and then took the kids to the hairdressers. Both boys have smart new hair cuts and if that woman (MrsIDontHaveAFilter) at football tells me Smallest's haircut doesn't suit him, I will slap her! This evening I made Smallest my 'servant' as a punishment for wasting my spare time today. He actually came home giggling about the fact that he forgot his shorts! I sent him off to fetch and carry things for me (to be fair he does this for me anyway without complaining but I made it more of a chore by calling him 'servant' and he called me 'Sir').

Huffle came home and put the dinner in the oven. After dinner, Small and Huffle went to the football fields and coached two boys that Huffle coached during the Winter indoor season. Thier father wanted Huffle to take them for more sessions but he is too busy, though they will definitely do at least one other session before the House League starts. They both thought it was a good session and enjoyed it.

Smallest and I stayed at home and watched Eddie The Eagle film. We really enjoyed it but near the end, Smallest said "I think he's going to win". He didn't realise it was a true story.

My trilliums under the cedar hedge

 

No comments: