Wednesday 18 May 2016

One man team

Several weeks ago, I asked Small to make sure his Band Outfit (all black or Black and white) was clean, fit him and was in good condition. He promised me he would sort it and not leave it to the last minute like he did last time and the time before that. However, despite many reminders, he still hadn't done it by last night so I asked Huffle to speak to him. He went upstairs, apparently tried on his stuff and came down and said 'all was well'. Why then, this morning, did I find his trousers one leg in and one leg out, crumpled up in a heap on his desk with his top scruffled up? Huffle and I decided on his punishment and when he got home he knew there was something wrong. I told him I was very disappointed (always like that one) and he had to find out why. He instantly thought that his room was the problem and when he got up there, obviously realised it was his band stuff as it had disappeared (yes it was also dirty and I washed it for him). We took his Tablet off him and made him my servant for the evening (which wasn't that long because they went off to basketball at 5:30pm). Still, he fetched and carried and emptied the dishwasher and set the table and cleared the kitchen, after his fifteen minutes of piano. He wasn't pleased but he understood and thought it was fair(ish) punishment.

Smallest was the one who had to be woken up this morning, possibly because he had a later night. I had to take Small to his baseball practice before 8am which was a challenge as I was only woken at 7:30 and still had to get lunches and my breakfast sorted. Apparently baseball is going very well and Small's mini team won today. He is really enjoying it. I hope he gets into the proper team.

Smallest went to school on the bus with strict instructions to find out what time the Spring concert and Talent Show started, what time he needed to be there and what he needed to wear. I found out when I was at aerobics that school had sent home two notes with this information. Little Bu66er! The concert is at 6:30, they need to be there at 6pm and Smallest has to wear Spring colours with no logos. Not so easy as all of his stuff has something on. We all helped him to look and eventually came up with a lovely checked short sleeved shirt with blues, greens and reds on it. He is going to wear it with blue shorts and a cap and sunglasses. What a Spring dude. He will have to wear the same thing for his talent show as it took him all his time finding those things and then he had to pack his bag for swimming on Friday as they are swimming in clothes so he needs extra.

I went off to aerobics and there was only two of us there today so we did something bit different and did some circuits. It was good but tiring. I had a quick change at home and went off to Suffolks to do some gardening. She paid for my sewing course so I owed her at least two hours gardening. I managed to dig out a huge root, move some plants, find her path and weed it and help cut back the huge Magnolia tree. She made me an interesting lunch and we had a chat. I did a bit more gardening and went home.

I had just enough time for a cup of tea on the porch before the boys came home. After the concert clothes finding, I made dinner. Huffle took the boys to basketball (Smallest almost won the big boys BUMP game, impressive) and I sat in the loft with a glass of red and cut out my material for my Friday Sewing Course. I have nearly done it, just a few more bits to do. Hurrah.

Small, Smallest and The King

That's the end of a while. The boys are too busy with football for the Summer now so might continue in the Autumn.

 

No comments: