Tuesday 10 May 2016

Who out Franklins wheel in our mailbox?

Tuesday 8am I took Small to his baseball practice. This time their practice was on the baseball diamond. It went well and afterwards they all walked to school together.

Smallest's eyes were bad again today. The pollen count was high with Birch, Ash and Oak. He had all his stuff and extra eye drops just before football this evening which helped greatly as he didn't suffer during the game at all this time.

Huffle worked from home and painted the kitchen window during his breaks. We had one window in the whole house that had not been painted and was green. Now it is white like all the others and looks much better.

I went to work and was outside by myself today so chose what I wanted to do, I worked in the walled garden and cleared the gravel path of weeds, and then re-gravelled the path (which meant shovelling two wheelbarrows full of gravel and wheeling it - OUCH my shoulder!). At coffee time I took in some muffins from our freezer but apparantly they were too dry and needed butter (cheek), plus I couldn't have one because they were ginger. Still keeping off spice and have still had no bread (9 days). The rest of my time I spent moving plants. I came home with a lot of geraniums that I dug out of the path and some little little wild Violets. I also filled two huge pots full of woodchips for home.

As soon as I got home Huffle helped me plant my goodies and we put the woodchips on the veggie garden paths. Later we planted the dahlia bulbs we had stored over winter.

After lunch I went shopping for food. I had a slight problem at the checkout. I buy milk in bags and I placed the bags leaning on the chocolate stand. As the conveyor belt moved, the milk bag burst and caused a huge fountain over all my food and the conveyor belt. There was such a mess. The checkout chick was lovely and sent MrBagger off to get whatever was damaged, wet or just a bit splattered while we tried to clear up all the spilt milk. I ended up with some items not paid for because he as so slow bringing them back, the check out chick said she felt I had been through enough and could just take them. What a nice lady.

Back home, I put away and Facetimed a moo. We sat on the porch for a while and watched the world go by whilst chatting. It's only three weeks and she will be here. the boys came home and were particularly fighty and argumentative. I started dinner. Tonight we had fish cakes, cous cous and asparagus.

After dinner we all went to football. Tonight was an exhibition game against the Under 10's (the year above). They played on a bigger pitch than normal and were exhausted. They played fairly well but the other team were much better. We have been given a day off and there is no practice on Thursday - hurrah.


 

No comments: