Tuesday 17 May 2016

Someone's put some Tarmac in Jim's hole

Smallest had to wake Small up. Small forgot to wake me up. Huffle forgot to get up early to go to the office. Small forgot to tell me that Baseball practice was off due to Sports Day. Smallest told me it was his Sport Day today and I prepared myself to go into work but go on from there to his Sports Day. On the way to work I got a call from Smallest saying he had got the day wrong and it was in June. Huffle went off to work and had a late meeting with MrTrouble. It was a good enough day he said.

Small did his sports day (called Track and Field here) and won himself seven 'enthusiasm' ribbons. Bless, he tried, well I think he did. I know in the 200m race he planned to run alongside his friend and then do a rolypoly at the end. His friend fell over a pine cone, Small fell over and they landed in a heap at the end. He said he did okay in the Javelin and ShotPut at the beginning. He said it was nice to be out in the sunshine all day though.

Silly face!

I went to work and dug over the Squash Garden in order to make room for potatoes. The potatoes I put in a few weeks ago are aready poking up, as is the swede and some parsnips. I planted about six varieties of potatoes and we all wandered around the gardens checking out what needed doing next. We stopped for coffee and Peanut Chocolate Squares (now there was definitely no spice in them but my throat is up again!!!). After break we dug up celandine poppies (the yucky yellow ones) and dandelions. I got to bring home some 'real' yellow celandine poppies, a yellow wild violet, a geranium and a tomato plant. I also helped MrsM on the computer and with Facebook and her camera.

Back home I planted all my gems and came in to FaceTime Moo. We only had a brief chat as she was due out. I had my lunch on the porch and came in for a shower. I spent the rest of my time hanging out, folding and sorting washing until the boys came home. (After I read this back it sounds like I was 'hanging out' like with friends, I was just hanging out the washing ;)

Both boys did their fifteen minutes of piano practice, a chore and then played on their tablets while I made dinner. Huffle came home and we all ate before going off to Smallest's football practice where we learned that he was third in line Captain. The Coach's son got first and the assistant coach's son got second. Ummmmmm! If only they understood the role of Captain here as Captain No1 does not talk or shout or communicate with the rest of the team - just saying! It was very cold sitting watching.

 

No comments: