Monday 2 May 2016

CHAMPIONS

When I went to bed last night I was freezing cold and it took ages to get warm. Then we both woke in the night feeling too warm and we had to open the windows. Then again later we were too cold and we had to close the windows. A very interruptible night resulting in a very tired day.

Lovely garden photos from Grandad

Huffle had his downtown meeting today but it didn't start until 1pm so he got the 11:30 train down, had lunch there and then went to his meeting. It wasn't as bad as he expected (though who knows where it will all end!) though he had to stay there for the rest of the day to get some work done. He is a bit happier but has a lot of work to do.

Once the boys went to school, I started the meat eaters dinner. Today I made Chilli and needed to brown the meat before I put all the other ingredients in the slow cooker to cook for the rest of the day. I went and did a bit of shopping and came home and put it all away. I started on my veggie chilli, stripped Smallest's bed and put the first load of washing on. I had lunch all by myself and treated myself to a salad. Yesterday I could only just do up my rain coat, so I have to start eating better (I did have a jumper on underneath but even so!).

This afternoon I took the Tuba back to school, picked up Smallest and took him to the dentist for his second tiny filling. He had to have the 'goofy gas' again but this time he was happy for me to wait in the waiting room. Our dentist is set out strangely in that there are no doors and the rooms are set out in a bit of a circle with three segments so you can hear most things (ie if he was distressed, I would know). I took my knitting. Smallest was out quicker than last time and we were home before Small got back (though I wasn't sure we would be and I left a key with him). Smallest had his practice for the Talent Show and they were amazed at how much better he was this week. The music teacher said he wouldn't have known it was the same boy.

The boys did their chores, emptied their bags and played on their tablets until their Piano Lessons. They are now practicing for their Spring Recital. Smallest is playing Indiana Jones and James Bond and Small is playing Harry Potter and Star Wars.

Huffle came home and we all ate chilli. Not too hot but nice although I overcooked the rice talking to MrsPiano. After dinner we took the boys to Cubs/Scouts where they picked up litter and played soccer baseball (not my words). Huffle and I went for a long walk along the country lane while the sun was setting and watched the kids playing and the leaders falling over when we got back.

Fabulous news for Leicester CIty today. CHAMPIONS - wahoooooo. What an absolute fabulous season they have had.

 

No comments: