Tuesday 3 May 2016

Kurt Russel's Krussels

An early start to our day so I could get Small to his softball practice for 8am. When we got there there were only a handful of kids. I can't see the future of this team somehow. Two no-shows from anyone at practice and they are off the team, plus they need a certain amount of girls as it has to be a co-ed team. Oh well we'll see how long it lasts. Small enjoys it and that's the main thing.

I woke up to a plethora of Leicester City posts, photos, news stories. Wow, the City has gone crazy, and so they should. What an amazing time for our hometown. Wish I could be there right now.

Smallest woke up with puffy eyes and a runny nose. I gave him his eye drops and nasal spray for the second day running. He knows what to expect now and isn't bothered by them at all. I also have him some anti-histamine to help him through school. Ash pollen was particularly high today. I will monitor it and see if that is what is bothering him most. Bloomin' allergy clinic, would be much easier for them to do it, not that I trust them since they prescribed the wrong dose!!!

Huffle had a bad start to the day with his work application not working. He sat in the sun room calling the Help Desk. A different office for him - at least it was nice and warm in there.

After seeing Smallest off on the bus, I went to work. Today we worked mainly in the veg garden where we weeded, planted lettuces, beetroot (and I learnt the French for Beets is Betterave), kale, peas and a new plant called Kalettes which is a Kale and Brussell hybrid. I changed its name and called it Krussels. Much easier and you know what you are getting! Instead of a round Brussell you get a brussel tasting flower with a Kale leaf. Ummm I'm not convinced. The pesky cats kept jumping on the beds so we cut down lots of Locust stems and put them all over so it might deter them. The fact that the cats hid underneath them while I was collecting them gives you some idea of what they thought about that!

For coffee break we had shortbread brownies which I was told were perfectly good for me and had no fat or sugar on them cough cough. So I had two! This is day 2 of no bread and nothing bad (except for a muffin yesterday after my long walk and the 2 shortie brownies today - whoops!).

I had lunch with Huffle who was half between calls and managed to get the mower out today and charge the battery and fill it with petrol. Much later he also mowed the grass. Man on Tractor makes man happy!

Moo Facetimed me at the same time as Huffle skyped Grandma and Grandad. All news caught up with.

I went out for a walk with ClownRose though we didn't get very far because we bumped into two people we knew and stood talking for ages. We did have enough time to discuss LittleMo's cake that I am making for this weekends party.

The boys came home. Small did well in his baseball practice and has another early one tomorrow. His coach says he has a good swing. He also had the try-outs for the 'Ultimate Frisbee' (a game of seven per side. The aim of the game is to throw the frisbee into the other teams end zone (end of field) to get a point). He tried out several positions and decided none were his strong point. He doesn't really like the game either as its boring. His favourite part was being substituted. I asked him what he would do if he got chosen and he hadn't really thought that far. Funny boy. Tomorrow is May the Fourth be with you Star Wars dress up day. The boys got their costumes. Smallest is Obi-Wan with a white beard (old obi-wan) and Small is Darth Vader. They are hoping they get to watch all seven films. Right!

After dinner, Smallest and Huffle went off to football practice where they were told to get there half an hour before the scheduled practice to have the football kit handed out and be told that they had to keep it as clean as they could and only wear it for games. (I bet that took half an hour!). They also had to take $15 per child extra so they could buy a shelter for the kids when the games are on in the Summer. The kit came with just one pair of shorts, an away and a home top plus a nylon 1970's style track suit which smallest hates! Although we paid for a thick hoodie, we didn't receive it (like they will wear that through the hot humid summer!).

Small and I stayed at home and cleared up, emptied and filled the dishwasher and played cards.

 

No comments: