Monday 16 May 2016

Who broke the rocket?

At football practice last night, Huffle was called on to play in the training game (scrimmage here - what's that!?!) and got clipped by a little player and pulled his hamstring. Silly man, how is he going to continue his coaching with a pulled hamstring? Smallest also had a terrible seal cough and was wheezy, I hope he's not going to get asthma now. Hopefully it was just because it was cold.

This morning I went to Costco for supplies. There were no tastings today as it was early but I got what I needed and visited the bank and Indigo looking for a sale item that I wanted. It wasn't on sale so I left without it.

I had lunch with Huffle and we watched part of Jekyll and Hyde (we abandoned this series on the BBC when we couldn't keep up with the episodes). This afternoon I went for a lovely forest walk with NoCustard. Last time we were here together was when it was slippy and icy and we gave up. Today it was beautifully sunny and warm. The trilliums were out and were a lovely carpet of white and red.

As I was driving into home, I got a text asking if I wanted to walk with ClownRose, so I said yes and we walked around the Hamlet for half an hour before the bus brought the kids home. My legs are tired!

Tomorrow is Track and Field. Small is at school and is entering in the 100m, 200m, shotput, javelin, triple jump and long jump. He doesn't expect any ribbons. Smallest is at another school and will be taking part in all of the events. He also does not expect any ribbons.

I made dinner, the boys had their piano lessons. When they first started piano, MrsPiano noticed that Small had a real flair and talent for it. Just lately he hasn't been practicing, saying that he doesn't need to. Well today she said that Smallest will pass him by very soon as he is constantly practicing. That should make him get better. They have the talent show on Thursday where Smallest is playing piano and Small is in band. In three weeks time they both have their Spring Piano Recital - they need more practice to be ready.

After dinner Huffle took the kids to Scouts and Cubs where they flew rockets.

Huffle and I spent the time in the garden planting and getting rained on and played Carcassonne.

Wish I was somewhere else today.........................

240,000 turned up for Leicester's Victory Parade

 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

ChrisB and I went, it was great. So close in Jubilee Square. Well worth the effort. Atmosphere terrific. X got you a LCFC clacker, will post.

Sarah Tomson said...

💙💙 it was fab....very achy feet today though! 💙💙

Spanish Chica said...

Ditto Sam. Steve and I watched it on the news, bursting with pride wishing we could be there.......

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

It looked fabulous didn't it!?

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

It looked fabulous didn't it!?