Thursday 5 May 2016

Digging for cakes

A nice nights' sleep resulting in better moods for everyone. Huffle was woken by Train no1 (train no 2 came at 5pm and train no3 came at 9pm - I have not become a train spotter, it's just that when we bought our house close to the train track that crosses the road, our realtor said it only came once a fortnight, though she wouldn't have said fortnight as that is not a word understood here. I nearly sent her an email but I guess that wouldn't go down too well seeing as she doesn't talk to me anymore).

Huffle's day was a little better and tomorrow he is in the office spending time trying to fix 'stuff'.

The boys didn't have to go to school extra early, Small didn't go to Ultimate Frisbee try outs as he hates it and doesn't want to be picked for the team.

Smallest's eyes were red and puffy this morning and he had eye drops, nose spray and a dose of anti-histamine plus an extra couple of drops in his eyes when he came home as he looked terrible. The pollen count today was moderate with Birch, Ash and Oak. Yet today he has been the worst so far this season. Maybe try extra drops in the eyes tomorrow. We have closed his bedroom windows, changed his pillow case again and added a hypoallergenic protector underneath and put his fan on and vacuumed under his bed. Poor little man.

This morning I went off to garden for MrsRoyal. She has a long bed filled with beautiful peonies, echinacea and rudbeckia alongside the field. Unfortunately it is also full of grass and we didn't tackle it last year so it is now overrun! Our task today was to remove the precious plants, put them in the wheelbarrow and try to take the grass out. Easier than you think as the roots of grass are white, however we did have to split the plants to do so. We also washed the soil away to find the roots. My wheelbarrow was sitting at a funny angle and I pulled it over onto myself and fell in a hole I had earlier dug. The wheelbarrow was really heavy and gave me a right clonk on my knee OUCH. I worked for about an hour and a half and then we were called in for coffee by MrRoyal. We were far too comfortable inside chatting and didn't really get much of a chance to do much more except for temporarily plant the de-grassed things in the veg garden.

I had lunch with Huffle briefly as he had a call half way through and then another straight after. I then bought some seed potatoes, compost, peas and beer (I won't be planting the beer but I may drink it!). The potatoes are now safely in their potato bags, the peas are planted with some pea sticks to guide them on their way and I weeded and watered the veg garden.

Mr and Mrs Royal visited and wanted to see the kitchen (they liked it) and I showed MrsRoyal the potato sacks, Grandad's compost corner and we had a wander round the garden. The boys came home, did a chore each and played on their tablets. I attempted to start dinner.

ClownRose visited me twice today. Once to say that her phone wasn't working and that she was sad and couldn't walk and the other to say her and LittleMo were coming over tomorrow evening for some cake decorating, beer and a laugh.

After dinner I started to make LittleMo's birthday cake (which she will help me to decorate tomorrow evening). I used every spatula, cake tin and cake case in the house and made a huge mess. All the boys were upstairs planning my Mothers Day surprise and then went out and played football.

All the mess got cleared up, Smallest went to bed and we played Beano Top Trumps. Small went to bed and Huffle and I finally sat down and watched TV with a cup of tea. SHATTERED!

No comments: