Thursday 19 May 2016

Hamlet's got Talent

Huffle went off to Niagara on the Lake today to do a presentation to lots of people. He was supposed to stay over but he hates staying away, plus he likes my freezing cold feet at night. He got there around 12:30 (two hour drive) and sent me a photo of an ice cream saying WISH YOU WERE HERE.

After the boys went to school, I picked up my gardening stuff and went over to The Royals. Today we worked on the bed in front of the barn, digging out hundreds of Pushkinia and Wild Violet's and Plume Poppies. At coffee time, we had some Dark Chocolate HobNobs bought from the British shop. Ummmm.

Tulip from our garden. Very vibrant!

I came home with some bulbs and a geranium and had my lunch by myself, before going out and picking up a bit of shopping. I also bought a couple of red geranium planters for the front urns. I left the shopping for the boys to unpack as their chore and got on with making two lasagnes for dinner.

Small rushed in and announced he wanted to do his French play on the park right there and then so off he went running up the road by himself. Smallest stayed with me and put my shopping away, did his piano practice and played on his tablet.

After dinner I took the kids back to school for their Spring Concert and Talent Show.

Small and his incredibly loud tuba - I could hear him. Fabulous
The Kindergartens (MissMo is there at the back in the middle)
Little Smallest playing Indiana Jones. Excellent performance.

This is the best concert I have been to since we have been at this school. There was actual talent there. Five kids played piano pieces and considering their ages, they were really excellent. Harry Potter played by a bunch of ukuleles, dancing, singing, recorder squealing playing. So proud of both of my boys tonight for their talent, their determination and perseverance. I did take a video of Smallest's performance if anyone wants it, let me know (Grandma I will send it to you).

Huffle came home around 8:30pm ish, tired of driving. Boys went to bed. I got all my sewing stuff and machine together for my course tomorrow EEEEEKKKKKKK.

I now have my appointment through for the Ear Nose and Throat Doctor for the end of this month. I have no idea whether it is just a referral to the doctor or whether he is going to put the camera down to have a look what is going on.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bravo young men. Grandad would be absolutely thrilled. 👏👏👏