Saturday 14 May 2016

Is could as much may

We actually had a lie-in this morning, way past 9am. Wow! The kids were starving by the time we got up, though why they didn't get themselves anything, I have no idea. Well, actually it's probably because they wanted pancakes and thought I might make them. Well they were wrong today! Small made us scrambled egg which was lovely.

Hosta and Dicentra in our garden

The boys brought down their Pokemon cards and made us choose which our favourite ones were, which is much more complicated than it sounds. You can't just choose your favourite one in one go, you have to look at sets of four and choose your favourite from each one and on and on and on. It takes time and patience, Huffle unfortunately did not wake up with the patience gene today.

It was a rainy dull day and Huffle wanted to do something. He found a Plant Sale at the Toronto Botanical Gradens and we decided we would go. The boys took their DS' to entertain them on the way and I was DJ and played whatever music I liked. I chose Jamiroquai (excellent choice).

I didn't realise the boys had never been here and I was very proud when we parked that Smallest said "can we go for a walk here after we've seen the sale?" That's my boy. The sale was good with lots of unusual and different plants. We purchased a GInger Mint, a Strawberry Foxglove and a Tulip Tree (I have been wanting one of these for ages, now I just need to work out where to put it. At the moment it is just a couple feet high but it can get to proper tree height in a fairly short time. They have the best leaves that look like little tee-shirts and a fabulous flower in Spring). We had a lovely walk, threw sticks in the stream, wandered around looking at the plants, watched the baby ducks and kept walking, finally ending at a tree trunk that the boys all climbed on.

Two plants we want plus the start of our walk
Boys and trees

Huffle was hungry so we headed off to an Italian restaurant he found on Trip Advisor, but not before we had a sneaky peak at Prince's former house that is currently for sale at a mere $12.8M. It didn't look 'all that' but it was quite hidden by trees and bushes.

The Italians restaurant was nice but I thought we were going to have to walk out as we didn't seem to get any service to start with. When the waiter finally came he asked if we were ready to order and I told him we hadn't got any drinks. He pointed at the wine menu. Luckily the food was good. Smallest and I had pasta and Small and Huffle had pizza. We knew there was a good ice cream place on the corner and that's where we headed for next. Unfortunately I was too full for ice cream today (though I did get to try everyone else's). The flavours tried today were Skor, Key Lime Pie, Lemon, Chocolate. We wandered slowly back to the car and came home through the heavy traffic.

Trying to stop me taking photos of them

Lovely day.

We spent the evening looking through old photos and videos of the kids. Soooo funny. Small was such a little talker and dancer and Smallest was reading books before he could read (what a memory) and always seemed to be sitting on the potty. Both boys were fighting and arguing even when they were tiny. Seeing our little house where they were both born and the garden we worked so hard on in The Village made me feel quite nostalgic and homesick. BIG SIGH.

 

 

No comments: