Wednesday 29 June 2016

The red and white mascot*

Huffle went off to the office. The boys had their last day at school. Moo arrived home safely. After I closed the door to the boys getting on their bus I noticed the silence. No noise whatsoever, even the radio wasn't on which is very unusual when I am in the house. ITS OH SO QUIET, SHHHH, SHHHH, ITS OH SO STILL...................... it felt very unreal so I broke the silence and put on the radio and got ready for a morning of aerobics.

Aerobics was hot and sweaty but she took it easy on us today. We laughed a lot too. ExerciseNic lent me her in-line skates to try. I want to get a pair but I'm not too sure if I am too old to learn. I have roller skated and I have ice skated and I am good at balancing. I may need a foam body suit to wear. After clearing away the debris of the kitchen, putting some washing on and having a quick tidy and a shower, I went out to change my new sandals which have a slight fault on just the left one. One of the more surprising things about living in Canada are the shops complete willingness to exchange. Sometimes they ask if there is a problem but mainly they just exchange without a word, sometimes they don't even need a receipt if it is obvious it came from there. Today I took my sandals back because one of the fastenings moves when I walk (only on one shoe) so I believed there was a fault. It was obvious I had been wearing them but the Maganer said I could exchange them for something else or get a, and I can't remember the exact words but I'm guessing it meant a store credit. I love the sandals and they are so comfy so I found the same ones and ran, hopped and jumped around the shop, much to the amusement of the manager, until I was happy they weren't going to do the same thing.

I hadn't had lunch and it was nearly 2pm by the time I got home so I had a sandwich on the porch, knitted and then Facetimed Moo. She was hit with rain the minute she came out of the airport. Poor Moo, at least she had nice weather while she was here. I recited all the messages from Facebook to her she saw the boys get off the bus, though my IPad ran out of charge and we cut her off.

I asked them to hug to prove they were being nice to each other and this best they could do

I made dinner, listened to the boys stories of their last day of school and handed out a few chores for them before they went on their tablets. Huffle came home and after we had dinner we all went off to football with Al (Small's friend and teammate). I watched Smallest's practice and sat by myself like BillyNoMates until BigFrank came to talk to me and then BobbyDeNero. There is such confusion about the club at the moment and there is a weird atmosphere. Coach wasn't there today and the practice seemed better, maybe because he wasn't there with his conflicting views or maybe becuase the boys have got more used to CoachOl, I don't know but it was better to watch, though I did hear a rumbling that they are going to change the practices to Monday, Tuesday, Wedmesday and the Game Thursday. That seems weird but I wind if it's because a lot of them like to go to their cottage on the weekend. I'm sure we will hear soon enough.

Small, Al and Huffle went off to their game where they won 6-2. The ref made an interesting decision at one point whe she called for a penalty because a player kicked back to the goalie. The team soon put her right and she apologised for making a mistake. Fair enough. *Smallest and I went to watch the end of Small's game and Smallest went on with the players for the handshakes. He likes to think of himself as their mascot now.

One of our miniature roses - something is eating them!

 

2 comments:

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

Yay for skating! Personally I prefer the old fashioned 4 wheel skates but rollerblades are lots of fun too. I highly recommend at least getting wrist guards (after watching a friend smash her wrist and elbow). You're never too old!

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

Yay for skating! Personally I prefer the old fashioned 4 wheel skates but rollerblades are lots of fun too. I highly recommend at least getting wrist guards (after watching a friend smash her wrist and elbow). You're never too old!